Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

XM_Apply Levitron Magnetics

XM_Consider applying levitating magnetics to some of your future pieces. I know it can be complicated, but its something to consider and very doable. You know what they say, "if you don't do it, some day someone else will". Id rather see you guys do it first. No wires..just free floating objects (on or around the primary piece) where ever it looks cool and applicable. I've seen this same device in cheap, small nick knack desk toys. Would be awesome to apply this to a piece. Below is an example from pics I swiped over the web. thanks
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

A floating silver surfer
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post
XM_Consider applying levitating magnetics to some of your future pieces. I know it can be complicated, but its something to consider and very doable. You know what they say, "if you don't do it, some day someone else will". Id rather see you guys do it first. No wires..just free floating objects (on or around the primary piece) where ever it looks cool and applicable. I've seen this same device in cheap, small nick knack desk toys. Would be awesome to apply this to a piece. Below is an example from pics I swiped over the web. thanks
too late someone else already has, Kinetiquettes has a proto dhalsim statue fully levitating
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Use it on living tribunal!!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

i think magnetos cerebrus helmet would just be amazing if it was actually floating but I'm sure that Magneto is as close to fully completed as they come and I'm sure they wouldnt want to do any more editing of that Magneto….. But this is super cool news and i would LOVE to see XM use this on some of their pieces…

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, as stated, Kinetiquettes is already investigating this, and it's unlikely to get used on the larger 1:4 scale that XM is primarily involved with. Kinetiquettes is doing 1:6.

Also, Kinetiquettes is friends with XM, so I'm sure they already know about it.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
too late someone else already has, Kinetiquettes has a proto dhalsim statue fully levitating
Had to look it up for myself holly freaking hell that is amazing!! Too bad Pop Culture Shock could of done this and made their dhalism but oh well!!! But anyway had to check it out and show you guys…

Very cool could you imagine having some figures or parts do this?? WOW!! Future of statues…..

SJ
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Dark Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Too late? Bro that's exciting news...Thanks for sharing that...It means someone has perfected the process..It means xm doesn't have to reinvent the wheel and can produce future pieces with this feature with out hours of R&D...Hopefully they explore this in the future...Yea the Magneto came to mind but I'm sure its to late...Had they did that to Magneto (levitating the helmet), I think every nerd in creation would have shed a tear..(as if they hadn't already)
Old 10-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

There are some misconceptions about what this technology can do right now. At this point, you need a large electronic base. Then you need to embed (or place the statue on) a large magnetic disc. This rules out, for example, small scale levitation like Cerebro hovering over Magneto's hand.

Hopefully the technology advances quickly to achieve some of these cooler ideas.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #10
Dark Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
There are some misconceptions about what this technology can do right now. At this point, you need a large electronic base. Then you need to embed (or place the statue on) a large magnetic disc. This rules out, for example, small scale levitation like Cerebro hovering over Magneto's hand.

Hopefully the technology advances quickly to achieve some of these cooler ideas.
Agreed on the larger stuff, but the smaller stuff can be done very practical with out larger magnets. I see these all the time. But like you said, technological advances are on the way...wont be long. Joes pics say it all...