Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

I gave in. This piece is too good to pass up. POed the Dracula Ex. This will be my first F4F piece.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
I gave in. This piece is too good to pass up. POed the Dracula Ex. This will be my first F4F piece.
It's my first F4F as well.

Some people don't like Lords of Shadow (I do), but it's the most fleshed out Dracula, and the only game we play as him, so this is a good choice for a statue of him, in my opinion. It doesn't hurt that the pose hearkens back to the scene at the beginning of Symphony as well.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #13
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

Some people don't like Lords of Shadow (I do), but it's the most fleshed out Dracula, and the only game we play as him, so this is a good choice for a statue of him, in my opinion. It doesn't hurt that the pose hearkens back to the scene at the beginning of Symphony as well.
I enjoyed Lords of Shadow as well despite the negative reviews. As you said, this is a good choice for people that like the character in general. Don't let the game itself detract from the quality of this piece. This will also be my first F4F. Looking forward to it!
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #14
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post
I enjoyed Lords of Shadow as well despite the negative reviews. As you said, this is a good choice for people that like the character in general. Don't let the game itself detract from the quality of this piece. This will also be my first F4F. Looking forward to it!
I recently brought Lords of Shadow 2 for $30 and haven't had the chance to start it yet however I did play the first one and I really like it. I am aware of the mixed reviews for 2 however I'm still going to play the game.

Regardless of the games it is the pose of this piece (both EX & Reg) that struck me and I do recall the opening scene of SOTN and it was a bold moment of the game. I think Goran nailed this piece perfectly and the details on it is outstanding. This is as good as the Ganondorf (twilight princess) piece. I hope this isn't the last piece from the Castlevania line that F4F has to offer.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #15
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

how is this piece still available??
Old 04-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Likely because it is 1/6 scale and there is as of yet no companion pieces for it.

Plus the last Castlevania games have not had the hype of previous releases.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #17
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

F4F have a poll going for other characters.

http://strawpoll.me/4707210
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #18
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I was disappointed Julius isn't on the list, but since they never made that Castlevania 2000 game I guess it's to be expected.

I hope they do Shanoa especially with mixed media. Her outfit would look fantastic with fabrics.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:06 PM   #19
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Not surprised to see Alcuard top the list. Would love to see him come out along with Dracula and Death.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #20
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I'm curious if they will humor the idea of 1:4 mixed media for the classic Castlevania line. I feel like the gothic inspired outfits the characters have just beg for mixed media. It would be hard to do, but designs like the Castlevania ones are the kind of designs that make mixed media interesting. Skin tight suits are terrible for mixed media, but things like capes, elegant dresses, suits, etc.. have a lot of potential.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote