Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #871
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Oh now I see. You bought the PCs Rambo and were discouraged and might be a PCs loyalist. My bad my brother. Carry on. Congrats !
No man, you’re just acting like a DipSh!t around here, I felt compelled to let you know.

Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #872
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I never understood the love for Akuma’s many forms but I guess there is an audience for all things Street Fighter.
The paint apps look really dull in comparison to some of the other PCS statues. The biggest saving grace however is the face sculpt and the light up hair.
Hopefully the light up functions doesn’t crap out early on you owners. I highly recommend leaving the lights on just to stress test them lol.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #873
RAGINGDEMON500
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I never understood the love for Akuma’s many forms but I guess there is an audience for all things Street Fighter.
The paint apps look really dull in comparison to some of the other PCS statues. The biggest saving grace however is the face sculpt and the light up hair.
Hopefully the light up functions doesn’t crap out early on you owners. I highly recommend leaving the lights on just to stress test them lol.
They should just have painted the eyes orange instead of the light up eye feature.
RAGINGDEMON500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #874
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They have any og 1/4 mm sf piece to ship or is this the final one until next po?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #875
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
They have any og 1/4 mm sf piece to ship or is this the final one until next po?
shadaloo cammy
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:16 PM   #876
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'm underwhelmed with what I'm seeing, but as always, it's no replacement for viewing first-hand.

I started to think Jerry supposedly keeping the factory's feet-to-the-fire resulted in a better product, but I'm reluctant to give too much credit there as of now.

It just looks a little cheap and plastic-y. The skin, the hair, the belt, the beads. Painted very simply. Being blue-skinned may look deceptively 'simple'... or maybe it's just the pics. The 'Summer Demon' pics looked much the same, but the mixed-media looked good on that one, maybe diverting attention away from the skin and other paint apps.

Eh, wait and see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:26 PM   #877
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'm underwhelmed with what I'm seeing, but as always, it's no replacement for viewing first-hand.

I started to think Jerry supposedly keeping the factory's feet-to-the-fire resulted in a better product, but I'm reluctant to give too much credit there as of now.

It just looks a little cheap and plastic-y. The skin, the hair, the belt, the beads. Painted very simply. Being blue-skinned may look deceptively 'simple'... or maybe it's just the pics. The 'Summer Demon' pics looked much the same, but the mixed-media looked good on that one, maybe diverting attention away from the skin and other paint apps.

Eh, wait and see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't really mind the paint. I think it looks simple painting because the sculpt lacks veins. I can see 1 artery in the sculpt, plus just a faint veins painted around. Other than that other arm has no veins at all making it look very smooth and plastic like. But I'm keeping mine. I do like Oni.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #878
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGINGDEMON500 View Post
Here is some shots. #61

Is there a camera flash in those? The color looks more grey than anything else and the paint looks to have very little shading. The pics I saw from the factory earlier this year looked more detailed than that so I have to believe its the light here. Even the balls on the base look kind of cheap. I have to believe its the lighting in this picture.

I will say the paint both here and in those factory pics is too shiny. His skin does look plastic as a result especially on the face. I honestly think the smaller Sota Oni looks far superior to this. Hopefully its just the lighting.

The light up feature is cool.

I cant for the life of me understand how these pieces took soooo long to come out.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #879
dao2
Cyclops

I don't have the regular only the oni but for some parts it's bound to be similar.

It's not shiny like that nor does it look like plastic, that's just the photos. The skin color I can't speak too as the summer demon is bluer and it's certainly not grey for me but more blue. There is some shading on the body but a lot less then there should be.

Love the head on th summer demon, it looks AWESOME! The hair is quite nice too, not a fan of the light up though.

The rope on the summer demon is also different and more complex, the paint job was pretty ambitious and mostly succeeded, but not quite as nice super up close. The MM padding is also excellent.

Unfortunate my summer demon came with broken rope on the legs so waiting on SS atm. But assuming it's all fixed I actually like it better then Juri (which I also got).

I probably would have been disappointed with the regular though.

Unsure about beads, if they came with the summer I didn't see them but I didn't look particularly hard after I found the damage.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:39 AM   #880
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just opened my oni akuma and 2 summer akuma. No issues. Surprise oni came with beads as it was never advertised or show when I ordered it. I really like the summer one a lot. I don’t think it was suppose to have beads on this one as he had a rope around his chest / arm area.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote