Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #1441
Vendetta
The X-Men

I got mine today and set it up, and I’m mostly very happy with it. This is the definitive Batman for me, and I think this and the Hush Supes may be the two collectibles I’d sell last in my entire collection.

One issue (there’s something wrong with everything I get these days) - the gargoyles on my base have a bunch of weird black marks on them; they don’t at all look like natural weathering, so I’m thinking it’s a paint issue. I’ll have to request a replacement base.

I want to echo someone’s previous comment about alerting owners that part of the cape is sticking out of the first layer of the first box - it isn’t evident at all, and you can damage the cape if you try to set the first layer down somewhere. That wasn’t a good packing-design decision.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #1442
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I want to echo someone’s previous comment about alerting owners that part of the cape is sticking out of the first layer of the first box - it isn’t evident at all, and you can damage the cape if you try to set the first layer down somewhere. That wasn’t a good packing-design decision.
Yeah, I was not happy. The bottom of the tip of the cape on mine is white and it's very possible (probable) that that happened from me setting it down on an end table. I wouldn't really think that would've been enough to scrape off the paint, but maybe. I think I did move it around a little while it was on the table, but I don't see any paint marks...

I guess it doesn't matter now since the whole thing is probably going back. I wonder if I should jump on the wait list for the EX now....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #1443
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Yeah, I was not happy. The bottom of the tip of the cape on mine is white and it's very possible (probable) that that happened from me setting it down on an end table. I wouldn't really think that would've been enough to scrape off the paint, but maybe. I think I did move it around a little while it was on the table, but I don't see any paint marks...

I guess it doesn't matter now since the whole thing is probably going back. I wonder if I should jump on the wait list for the EX now....
Well, I guess I was challenged again while putting one of these together. I did get that foot in the base by tilting it way forward at an angle and it suddenly dropped in. I swear it wasn't even coming close when I would come in from the top over that hole (that sounds weird).

When I took the cape out, that tip that had been sticking out of the styrofoam was completely off. I have no idea how it could have snapped off from lifting the cape out, but I guess... be careful?

Oh - I just realized it was a different tip of the cape. I didn't even notice it before. It must have cracked when I set it on the end table. I give up.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #1444
Xzbit
Doh!

Finally ordered hush bats and now to make room for this beauty.
Xzbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #1445
BrandonJF

A couple of other things after my drama...

It does look great, but as I think someone else mentioned this seems to really need to be displayed high. Maybe that should've been evident... for some reason, I thought I was good.

Like my AO Joker base, this one isn't stable at all. It's resting on the front three pads with the back two off the surface. It's a bit scary given how front leaning this thing seems to be anyway (the base wasn't level when sitting on it's own). I tried moving the pads around, but wasn't seeing much of a difference. Anyone else having issues with how the base sits?

And here's another warning - maybe I'm the only who needs it since I seem to have gone from pro to amateur when it comes to setting these up lately - be careful with putting the cape on, too. It might take some slight movement while putting it on to get it to sit right and if the inside of the cape touches the body it WILL easily trade paint. I can see scuffs on the body and on the cape.

I need to retire from this sutff....
Old 03-21-2019, 09:56 PM   #1446
Biggunz
Loki

No YouTube video yet?
Man Im thinking I’m going to jump on this before sideshow punks prime 1
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #1447
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Btw beautiful piece. My first Prime 1 and 1/3 piece recieved it in perfect condition. To Brandon the ex portrait does smirk. All three portrait are nice. As of right now I’m going with the serious look and the Bat-Rope on his right hand. So I wonder when the Hush Superman sculpted version are going to start shipping.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #1448
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram O View Post
Btw beautiful piece. My first Prime 1 and 1/3 piece recieved it in perfect condition. To Brandon the ex portrait does smirk. All three portrait are nice. As of right now I’m going with the serious look and the Bat-Rope on his right hand. So I wonder when the Hush Superman sculpted version are going to start shipping.
Yeah, I knew the portrait smirked... I'm just trying to remember Batman actually smirking. Oh, probably in that Miller/Lee All-Star Batman.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:39 AM   #1449
Vendetta
The X-Men

I’ve noticed another annoying flaw - one of the ear tips on the bat symbol on his chest is chipped off; so now I’ll potentially need a replacement base AND body. I’ve really reached the end of my patience for damaged statues.

I think only 4 of the 10 Prime 1 statues I’ve received have had no issues, and 3 of those 4 were statues I bought when I lived in Japan. That means I’m at 1/6 on Prime 1 statues shipped to the US, which is pretty ridiculous.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #1450
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I’ve noticed another annoying flaw - one of the ear tips on the bat symbol on his chest is chipped off; so now I’ll potentially need a replacement base AND body. I’ve really reached the end of my patience for damaged statues.
i think they would end up giving you a new statue regardless, they rarely replace just a body or base - they usually have to replace both
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote