Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-20-2019, 03:17 AM   #91
looch
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

$186 to ship P1 Miller Bats - 2 years ago
$475 to ship P1 Doomsday this year

Granted Doomsday was huge but it was still just 2 boxes, the same as Miller Bats
looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #92
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

big base looks nicer, but it's way too impractical.

1) Width, and more so depth is a huge issue for most shelves to display those big bases, in turn forces you to buy less and display less.

2) Adds cost to the statue, add costs to shipping. With average $1k+ a pop, if i can save 200 off with a smaller base, i am all for it.

3) It's fine to have a large complex base in some status like guts that has a pile of bodies and fit with the character theme. But most prime1 pieces - like dc/batman, the huge base doesn't add much - the same simple gargoyle bases can be done much smaller. We are at a point of near insanity where every prime1 piece must have this gigantic deep/wide base for no apparent reason.

4) Cant speak for everyone, but I buy those statues for the....statue. Not base. Save the giant bases for dioramas...

Seriously prime1, you will make a ton more money by simply reducing the size of the base, so people like me can buy more. I came up with the idea of displaying statues in giant ikea pax couple years back with the how to guide, but now i can fit 2..barely 3 prime1 on 1 shelf even in those giant deep wardrobes, where as i could fit 7-10 PF statues easily stacked rotating front / back on the same shelf.

I will never go back to sideshow crap, because it's just 2nd tier junk now for most pieces, but comeon prime1...be reasonable...
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:19 AM   #93
Glencairn
The Spirit

Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:42 AM   #94
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I do believe that P1 bases are overly big but well detailed. But I've accepted them all ever since getting the mk 3 Iron Man from Sideshow. For a 1/4 scale piece, with a base as wide as a P1, or bigger than a 1/4 scale hulk base - that's just insane. I love the idea, with the Iron Monger arm, but it's so impractical to display in an Avengers layout! :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:11 AM   #95
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

The mindset I’m afraid is bigger is better. They give you more so they can charge you more. Plus, don’t these big ass statues need a nice foundation to hold it up? Especially with the design poses they are coming out with?

I think it’s fine what their doing. Their bases are what makes them the company they are.

They do have that new smaller scale line coming out. Lol.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #96
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Are Prime One bases to big? No! Check out SS Juggernaut and see how funny that looks with a small ass base!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #97
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Are Prime One bases to big? No! Check out SS Juggernaut and see how funny that looks with a small ass base!
exactly
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:20 AM   #98
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
big base looks nicer, but it's way too impractical.

1) Width, and more so depth is a huge issue for most shelves to display those big bases, in turn forces you to buy less and display less.

2) Adds cost to the statue, add costs to shipping. With average $1k+ a pop, if i can save 200 off with a smaller base, i am all for it.

3) It's fine to have a large complex base in some status like guts that has a pile of bodies and fit with the character theme. But most prime1 pieces - like dc/batman, the huge base doesn't add much - the same simple gargoyle bases can be done much smaller. We are at a point of near insanity where every prime1 piece must have this gigantic deep/wide base for no apparent reason.

4) Cant speak for everyone, but I buy those statues for the....statue. Not base. Save the giant bases for dioramas...

Seriously prime1, you will make a ton more money by simply reducing the size of the base, so people like me can buy more. I came up with the idea of displaying statues in giant ikea pax couple years back with the how to guide, but now i can fit 2..barely 3 prime1 on 1 shelf even in those giant deep wardrobes, where as i could fit 7-10 PF statues easily stacked rotating front / back on the same shelf.

I will never go back to sideshow crap, because it's just 2nd tier junk now for most pieces, but comeon prime1...be reasonable...
Agree!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:39 AM   #99
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would prefer simple small bases and don't think big ones look necessarily nicer.

It's not going to happen though as they need to justify their prices.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote