Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-10-2005, 05:17 AM   #1
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Star Wars Unleashed

I see some of you collect the Marvel Legends figures. What do you guys think of the Unleashed Star Wars figures? They aren't articulated like ML and they're slightly larger. i treat them like plastic mini-statue placeholders until i can move on to the Attakus stuff. the sculpts are really very good and the poses are very dynamic and life-like. for the money, these display really well and don't make your showcase look all toylike as the smaller 3 3/4" action figs would.
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

these are very nice for sure. I know the shiflets and some others have sculpted some of these.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

sweet. do you know which figures the shiftletts did and which other sculptors have been involved? this is so great. reading up here the last few days, finding out who makes what and where it all comes from!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
buzzybean
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have most of them (I passed on Windu and Anakin) and think they are very cool! I am anxiously awating a Princess Leia in her white threads.

BB
buzzybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #5
metalsquid

hey BB, how come you passed on master Windu? Sam Jackson is such a badass! i like the unleashed of him but the kotobukiya is even better. Leia eh? i'm waiting for a Qui-Gon myself. he's about the only character i can stand in the prequels besides Mace and Darth Maul. god forbid they do a Jar Jar unleashed. i decided to go completist for this line though. still missing a few older ones. you got any spares down your way?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 PM   #6
buzzybean
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsquid
hey BB, how come you passed on master Windu? Sam Jackson is such a badass! i like the unleashed of him but the kotobukiya is even better. Leia eh? i'm waiting for a Qui-Gon myself. he's about the only character i can stand in the prequels besides Mace and Darth Maul. god forbid they do a Jar Jar unleashed. i decided to go completist for this line though. still missing a few older ones. you got any spares down your way?
I'm not really into the prequel stuff. Everytime I see Mace Windu I think of every other bad movie Jackson has been in.

Sorry, no extras but most are being re-released on the new cards. Just saw Vader at Target a week ago.

BB
Old 01-12-2005, 02:22 AM   #7
metalsquid

yeah, i'm not much into the prequels either. but i found the sculpts really good across the whole line i just decided to get 'em all. it's one of the few lines i can actually afford to complete so i went for it. but as usual i was late to the table and so i'm still short of the hard-to-gets like Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Jedi and Vader Unmasked. ebay prices are nuts for those figs. you should like the next wave if you only like the OT, there's Stormtrooper and IG-88 in it.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
buzzybean
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsquid
yeah, i'm not much into the prequels either. but i found the sculpts really good across the whole line i just decided to get 'em all. it's one of the few lines i can actually afford to complete so i went for it. but as usual i was late to the table and so i'm still short of the hard-to-gets like Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Jedi and Vader Unmasked. ebay prices are nuts for those figs. you should like the next wave if you only like the OT, there's Stormtrooper and IG-88 in it.
Luke Jedi is re-released on the new cards. I just saw him a few days ago at a Suncoast Video store. And I just recently saw Han so you should be able to find him also.

BB
Old 02-02-2005, 12:08 AM   #9
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

the unleshed line is amazing although i stick with the orginal trilogy
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #10
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

The unleashed line is awesome! It is THE BEST stuff hasbro is putting out and I love how they look like really nice statues for only 15 bucks.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote