Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #31
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i was going to watch him this season and see if he is on par with nnamdi but to pull this stunt means he may be as good as him but not a better man. nnamdi is still best corner in the league
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #32
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
i was going to watch him this season and see if he is on par with nnamdi but to pull this stunt means he may be as good as him but not a better man. nnamdi is still best corner in the league
I dunno it's pretty close. I'd say pick em right now. Asomugha is the reason Revis is holding out. He wants to be paid more then him. 15 mil a year is pretty steep.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #33
hawkeyethearcher

thing i dont get about revis is he had a great first 2 years stat wise but people keep throwing at him. for all the tackles and int's are there also a lot of completions that come his way. most CB's that have stats like his have stats that drop off cause no one throws his way anymore. nnamdi had all of 20+ balls thrown his way last year in 16 games. they moved him all over the field and the plays were just run away from him. it is hard for revis to ask for the same money if he isnt getting the same respect from opposing teams.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #34
adee
Green Arrow

I don't know about all that. The best receivers on the opossing team disappeared when Revis was on them. Ocho Cinco tried calling him out in last years playoffs and he had as much impact on that game as I did.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #35
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't know about all that. The best receivers on the opossing team disappeared when Revis was on them. Ocho Cinco tried calling him out in last years playoffs and he had as much impact on that game as I did.
I remember that for sure, Ocho ate his words that game.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
hawkeyethearcher

well i hope he plays. a great player like him on defense is so fun to watch. with 3 years of stats i dont see why they wouldn't pay him more. it isn't like it is uncommon to pay a player for perfoming above his current contarct and this guy did. it is hard to get anything from the owners right now though cause of the CBA talks going on. no one wants to do anything to help the other and then it becomes the norm on paper when this is all done
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #37
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
well i hope he plays. a great player like him on defense is so fun to watch. with 3 years of stats i dont see why they wouldn't pay him more. it isn't like it is uncommon to pay a player for perfoming above his current contarct and this guy did. it is hard to get anything from the owners right now though cause of the CBA talks going on. no one wants to do anything to help the other and then it becomes the norm on paper when this is all done
Funny thing is the contract his is holding out on now is his original contract he held out for ! lol
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #38
hawkeyethearcher

want to see derrick brooks again? you will have to wait 5 years when he goes into canton. he officially retired
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #39
VinReaper

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
This is true!

Revis is a force to be reckoned with! But he is not more important then the whole team!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #40
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
This is true!

Revis is a force to be reckoned with! But he is not more important then the whole team!

VR