Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Arkham City: Harley Quinn Statue - Colored Variant

For those interested, Jim Fletcher from DC Collectibles revealed that a colored version of the Arkham City Harley Quinn statue will be available in San Diego Comic Con 2014.

You can find out more from the video link, skip to 5:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjP2TAIB558
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Looks awesome. First Catwoman, now Harley. I really don't want to double dip.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

She looks fantastic. Damn, I shudder to think of how expensive she's gonna get on eBay.

Guess the colored Catwoman is a go for me now...

Bring on colored Ivy next!
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

God damnit!

gonna have to pay after market price.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I actually like the original version better, but it's a nice statue either way. Too bad people are going to have to jump through hoops to collect these colored re-releases.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hello everyone, my account got verified just in time for me to learn about this statue and make my first post! I missed out on the first black and white version and the price on ebay is a little too high for me.

During the reveal it was mentioned that it's an SDCC exclusive but will also be available in stores? How is it an exclusive then?

I hope it makes it's way to stores because I want this in the worst way!
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoria_hotel View Post
She looks fantastic... Bring on colored Ivy next!
Hehe wouldn't be surprised if they announced that next XD

I personally prefer the original monochrome statues but this'll give folks who missed out another chance & who prefer coloured versions of these great sculpts.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Papaya View Post
Hello everyone, my account got verified just in time for me to learn about this statue and make my first post! I missed out on the first black and white version and the price on ebay is a little too high for me.

During the reveal it was mentioned that it's an SDCC exclusive but will also be available in stores? How is it an exclusive then?

It'll probably be sold on some online stores, but you'll be paying an inflated price because the sellers will have to buy their stock at SDCC and re-sell them. Depending how hard they are to get at the show the aftermarket prices could end up rivaling the regular Harley.

I guess it's possible DC will sell some through their official website if there are leftovers. The only statue variant I remember them offering as a convention exclusive was the Black Man of Steel Superman last year. But I think that sold out at NYCC, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about that.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:

This won't be available in stores. What he said was it will be sold through different retailers at the con. If you think the price on eBay is too high for the original than I would suggest not to even look for this one. Being a sdcc exclusive is gonna drive the price of this one up immediately. It kills me, but I will likely be one of the poor souls to get one on eBay.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

There's probably no way the colored SDCC exclusive will run cheaper than the original. If you're going for the least expensive option, definitely buy the original B&W release.

I'd wait until the Arkham Asylum Nurse Harley is released in July though. I have a feeling the Arkham City Harley will depreciate in value once there's two different versions of her out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Hehe wouldn't be surprised if they announced that next XD

I personally prefer the original monochrome statues but this'll give folks who missed out another chance & who prefer coloured versions of these great sculpts.
Yeah I certainly hope so. If you think about it, Ivy is the one statue that could stand to benefit the most from full-color.

They're probably going to go with Red and B&W for the original release. I think the idea of anything Ivy without some green is kind of bizarre. If they went the opposite route (Green and B&W), I think gray hair on the statue is equally strange.
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote