Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-16-2022, 09:44 AM   #401
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Great post. And for me, your "sculpt" point is on target. There are characters I would love to have in 1/4 but the right statue hasn't hit me. For example, Spider Gwen. I would love a Spider Gwen statue and they actually have 2 licensed pieces now (XM and SSC) but I haven't been a big enough fan of either of the statues to get her.

I agree with this too. I have been wanting a Spider-Gwen and unfortunately because of the pose I don?t like her. And yes. I would love to have every statue that comes out. But I can?t afford that. And space is a factor too. Because the whole reason why I buy a statue is so I can show a statue. Not to put it back in the box or rotate them out. And I am not one that is going to sell my statues to get another one. Because I worked hard to get that one.
vudoo1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 10:52 AM   #402
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
I agree with this too. I have been wanting a Spider-Gwen and unfortunately because of the pose I don?t like her. And yes. I would love to have every statue that comes out. But I can?t afford that. And space is a factor too. Because the whole reason why I buy a statue is so I can show a statue. Not to put it back in the box or rotate them out. And I am not one that is going to sell my statues to get another one. Because I worked hard to get that one.
The display is quite a big factor when it comes to what impact a statue will have. There is some incredible ones out there and I understand not everyone can have the display of their dreams, but given the opportunity I think it's worth a bit of work and money, it feels like it's an overlooked aspect of this hobby.
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:02 PM   #403
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Another day, another repeat character. Legendary Scale Yoda.

They're literally making another one when the first is still in-stock. This company is just pathetic.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #404
BurningRage
Inhumans

Clone Wars version
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #405
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

They're literally making another one when the first is still in-stock. This company is just pathetic.
I mean the one plus is it we are heading into recessionary times I won?t have fomo with what?s shipping through summer of 2023!
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #406
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yoda looks cool though. I don’t hate that repeat.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #407
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I was just stating we're way better off with the other companies than Sideshow, who sat on the license drip feeding the same characters over and over again for years.

You can laugh at Kyle Rayner's 300 ES but I'm thrilled that piece exists and Sideshow would have NEVER made it. I look forward to so many characters that XM or Tweeterhead will touch that Sideshow won't b/c they need that 1500 plus ES.

Look at Mr Freeze, The Flash, and Scarecrow all asked for endlessly on this board, all still available on Sideshow, some even on sale. What hope does Riddler, Two Face, Man-Bat and Clayface have with Sideshow?
Sure, XM might make those characters, but you're going to pay double for them. To me that might be worth it for a single statue, a whole line? Absolutely not.

The last bit should tell you what to expect from Sideshow, not be a source of frustration. If Freeze and Scarecrow can't blow through their 1500 ES two years later, why would they think they could sell that many Riddlers?

In the meantime, Robin did sell out in a shorter time, so Nightwing really shouldn't be a stretch.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:06 PM   #408
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Sure, XM might make those characters, but you're going to pay double for them. To me that might be worth it for a single statue, a whole line? Absolutely not.

The last bit should tell you what to expect from Sideshow, not be a source of frustration. If Freeze and Scarecrow can't blow through their 1500 ES two years later, why would they think they could sell that many Riddlers?

In the meantime, Robin did sell out in a shorter time, so Nightwing really shouldn't be a stretch.
IMO the problem with those two is the EX is too good, makes the Reg seem like a big step down for the price.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:20 PM   #409
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Yep, Rehashapalooza continues! SSC definitely isn't a friend to long-time statue collectors looking for new characters. I had a feeling this would be the case so I literally went into this with -0- expectations.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 11:23 PM   #410
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

So far we've had:

Random horror property (Olivia's Frankie)
Gotham PF
X-Men PF
DCEU PF
MCU Maquette
Star Wars 1/6 figure
Star Wars 1/2

Still leaves a lot of usual suspects as possibilities for the next three days:

Avengers PF
Marvel PF (Non-Avengers/X-Men)
DC PF (Non-Batman)
Random movie PF
Star Wars PF