Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-18-2022, 07:37 AM   #421
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Looking back on what has been released so far, I'm starting to think it's not as bad as our initial reactions, which were probably due to not getting our personal wants revealed, .......................yet.

But I'm really starting to think that a few more good/surprise reveals await, especially if Sideshow wants to make a Con splash, let's just hope it's stuff we want & turns out great.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:25 AM   #422
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
So far we've had:

Random dio/J Scott-type thing
some 1/6 crap none of us care about
or doubling up on stuff they already hit
Just a note J Scott-Type thing, sells has higher ES's than alot of other PF's. Fans on here are always wondering if the line is dead and should pretty much expect maybe 1 a year to be made.

Also 1/6th most of us here may not care about, but HT and the those clone wars people go nuts over (side note they go nuts as seen on forums about how low quality the clone wars 1/6th turned out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Yep, Rehashapalooza continues! SSC definitely isn't a friend to long-time statue collectors looking for new characters. I had a feeling this would be the case so I literally went into this with -0- expectations.
Also note alot of long time collectors also buy rehashes of marvel/dc characters. But I do feel your pain cause i want to fill in the gaps of line of X-men/Batman characters, but we keep getting Wolverine/Joker/Harley. At least we keep getting different eras of those comic characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
I just wanna see a Punchline PF at last. Would be almost stupid not to do her now, especially with another Joker just revealed. They'd sell tons of her. Same goes for the Drowned. She'd pair up nicely with BWL.
Ya she isn't that old of a character, so cool it with the at last, when we haven't even gotten 1 Nightwing/Riddler/Twoface or Penguin.

Drowned your probably better off getting XM, and seeing how the rest of the line didn't even get that high of an ES for XM, I don't think SS will do the others.

But Punchline is a female and those sell better, so won't doubt she will come sooner to capitalize on newer fans. As long as they give us the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Looking back on what has been released so far, I'm starting to think it's not as bad as our initial reactions, which were probably due to not getting our personal wants revealed, .......................yet.

But I'm really starting to think that a few more good/surprise reveals await, especially if Sideshow wants to make a Con splash, let's just hope it's stuff we want & turns out great.
Its always an outrage on the forums during SDCC/NYCC and 12 days lol. Mostly because we just see rehashes of the statues that make the most money.

So far the rehashes have made sense and at least looked good. Just hopefully inbetween the events they release some of the anticipated pieces. Only one of them I have an issue with, worse reveal honestly to me has to be Iron man.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #423
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:

Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:41 PM   #424
Augen
Metal Men

Plenty of options for Grogu fans. Be curious about price on this set.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:29 PM   #425
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

I mean that’s mostly the case for people lol. That’s why I try to take a broader approach to my view on events. I might not get that Jubilee, Blade, Nightwing, Bishop or Hobgoblin PF I want but if sideshow reveals the next JSC fairy tale piece, Court of the Dead, unveils a new license that people have been wanting, shows an original artist piece that people dig, to me those are still wins even if they aren’t personal wins.

Basically anything that’s not a toy or a rehash…unless it’s the rehash I personally want lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:30 PM   #426
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I mean that?s mostly the case for people lol. That?s why I try to take a broader approach to my view on events. I might not get that Jubilee, Nightwing, Bishop or Hobgoblin PF I want but if sideshow reveals the next JSC fairy tale piece, Court of the Dead, unveils a new license that people have been wanting, shows an original artist piece that people dig, to me those are still wins even if they aren?t personal wins.

Basically anything that?s not a toy or a rehash?unless it?s the rehash I personally want lol.
Yeah, like the fact that they NEED to rehash Spider-Woman!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 03:04 PM   #427
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

I mean that?s mostly the case for people lol. That?s why I try to take a broader approach to my view on events. I might not get that Jubilee, Blade, Nightwing, Bishop or Hobgoblin PF I want but if sideshow reveals the next JSC fairy tale piece, Court of the Dead, unveils a new license that people have been wanting, shows an original artist piece that people dig, to me those are still wins even if they aren?t personal wins.

Basically anything that?s not a toy or a rehash?unless it?s the rehash I personally want lol.
Yep its a better way to approach it, and I see some wins in this current SDCC line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, like the fact that they NEED to rehash Spider-Woman!
They need to rehash Apocalypse, one with out his hand sticking up in the air.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:10 PM   #428
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

So what characters should we rehash today? Hmm, let's go with Boba and Grogu. Wow, Rahashapalooza continues! 8 days in and really the only new character has been the Evil Queen piece. Oh well, good for the J. Scott Campbell fans.

And just to be clear, I am not saying these new versions are necessarily bad from a purely "statue" perspective. I just would like to see some new characters being done.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:34 PM   #429
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Boba/Han and Grogu feel like a pretty good haul for the penultimate day. Might as well place your bets for the finale.

Revealed:

Random horror property (Olivia's Frankie)
Gotham PF
X-Men PF
DCEU PF
MCU Maquette
Star Wars 1/6 figure
Star Wars 1/2
Star Wars PF
J Scott-type thing

Options for the final day:

Avengers line PF
Marvel PF (Non-Avengers/X-Men)
DC PF (Non-Batman)
Random movie PF
Star Wars Mythos
Random dio from any property
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 05:20 PM   #430
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Boba/Han and Grogu feel like a pretty good haul for the penultimate day. Might as well place your bets for the finale.

Revealed:

Random horror property (Olivia's Frankie)
Gotham PF
X-Men PF
DCEU PF
MCU Maquette
Star Wars 1/6 figure
Star Wars 1/2
Star Wars PF
J Scott-type thing

Options for the final day:

Avengers line PF
Marvel PF (Non-Avengers/X-Men)
DC PF (Non-Batman)
Random movie PF
Star Wars Mythos
Random dio from any property
I am going a DC piece tomorrow and the Hulk on Wednesday for the big finale.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote