Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #1
Sithlord32
New Republic

Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Any motorcycle enthusiasts in the forums? If so what do you ride, how long have you been riding are you a fair weather rider or do you live for it?

Pretty tired of this winter that wont let go I miss my bike. Cant wait for the season to get going.

I have had many different rides. Myself on my current bike 09 CBR 1000RR
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
kelikoi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Always been my dream to own a Kawasaki Ninja. Since getting married and having my own kid, that dream took a back seat. Hopefully someday I get to own and ride one.

Great looking bike by the way!
kelikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelikoi View Post
Always been my dream to own a Kawasaki Ninja. Since getting married and having my own kid, that dream took a back seat. Hopefully someday I get to own and ride one.

Great looking bike by the way!
Thanks Kelikoi. I really appreciate my Honda though they do burn oil more than most. Ive had Kawai's Gixxers, a R1 and yet to get into a BMW or KTM.

If you want a Ninja brand new they are really the most inexpensive of superbikes. Secondary market you can get a newer one easy for about 4k or less depending on damage. Fairings are expensive to fix and if the frame is tweaked I wouldnt bother but most other repairs are fairly inexpensive.

Hope you can get one someday. It quickly either becomes a way of life or just another toy. I fall into the live to ride, ride to live. Ill ride until its not physically possible to do so. Love it. Take the camera with and road trip
Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
kelikoi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If I sell my camera gear probably I can afford to buy one

I always tell myself to go on a road trip with a camera once I get home from an overseas work. But always end up staying at home with the family. Sigh.. so many things to do.

If you are to choose the best bike in 1,000cc category, which one is the best? There is one in display right now in a mall next to the office, a Ducati 1k. I can only drool.
kelikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #5
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I used to ride a 750 Gixxer. Then gave it up due to not enough time to ride. I only rides casual. No crazy canyon knee draggins Always been wanting to get a used R1 from Craigslist this summer. Can't afford to pay $14k for a toy that i won't be driving much. But i did still kept my mini GRC moto (Honda Repsol) replica. Those Chinese import mini-bikes are nowhere close to these Italian GRC.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

I used to ride Yamaha XT 660 but then I moved to Dubai and the weather here gets just too damn hot, summer its around 52C*. Its insane. So pretty much I have been holding off on buying a new bike here, that and the fact that the drivers here are probably the worst in the world.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelikoi View Post

If you are to choose the best bike in 1,000cc category, which one is the best? There is one in display right now in a mall next to the office, a Ducati 1k. I can only drool.
Thats a loaded question with too many variables and no definite answer. I dont like Ducatis for my own personal reasons but they have been one the top leading bikes in every format for a long time.

If I had the money and would sell my Honda for another bike Id get into a BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
I used to ride a 750 Gixxer. Then gave it up due to not enough time to ride. I only rides casual. No crazy canyon knee draggins Always been wanting to get a used R1 from Craigslist this summer. Can't afford to pay $14k for a toy that i won't be driving much. But i did still kept my mini GRC moto (Honda Repsol) replica. Those Chinese import mini-bikes are nowhere close to these Italian GRC.
Yeah buying a bike brand new is spendy I usually go the used route but only from dealers or people I know and trust. Bought lemons before and it sucks! Never had a pocket rocket im to damn tall for them but I have a 50cc Honda its pretty rugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
I used to ride Yamaha XT 660 but then I moved to Dubai and the weather here gets just too damn hot, summer its around 52C*. Its insane. So pretty much I have been holding off on buying a new bike here, that and the fact that the drivers here are probably the worst in the world.
Good call. Thats really hot and poor drivers in a cramped place is just asking for trouble. maybe get a smaller cc bike and see how it goes first.