Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-27-2019, 01:06 AM   #241
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm not saying the movie is bad at all. But for me it was ok, thought a lot of spots were boring. They gave you plenty of spots to go pee in this one to be honest. But Infinity War is my favorite movie of all time, so this does not have to beat this and I'm content that Infinity War can still be my favorite. I had tickets for Sunday and I refunded them today as soon as I got out of this film. I will watch it again in a few months on video, but no rush.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:08 AM   #242
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Oh and thank god Thor didn't die and Natalie Portman became the new Thor. That Bit@h won't pick up a pen to save her life. Glad I don't have that problem going forth.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:01 AM   #243
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Best parts:

1. Cap's closure (tears), hammer acceptance
2. Thor's closure, fat humor
3. The assemble scene

Bad:
1. The female assemble scene. (Wanda n Ms. Marvel would have done fine) Female fan service made me almost lose it.
2. Hulk's lack of involvement
3. Thanos never seemed like a threat
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:38 AM   #244
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Your take-a-ways with Carol, while I appreciate your opinion, come more down to writing than to Larson. Also, that's kinda how she is in the comics a good portion of the time.
Agreed, the problem isn't Larson but the fact that this movie was shot before Captain Marvel. The actors weren't given the full script (only RDJ got to read it). Everyone was acting blind, basically. This would've been extra tough for Larson bc it was her first time playing the character.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:27 AM   #245
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

I found hulk under all the rubble a nod to Secret Wars when he held up a mountain to keep the team alive. I felt like it showcases his power.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #246
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The Russos have got to be Berserk fans.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:41 AM   #247
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I found hulk under all the rubble a nod to Secret Wars when he held up a mountain to keep the team alive. I felt like it showcases his power.
I would have enjoyed the scene more if they showed Professor Hulk struggling with the weight until he gets angry reverting into a more savage version of himself and he saves War Machine and Rocket instead of Gi(ant)-Man. I suspect they may actually thought of doing this with the scene initially, but wanted to save it for when they do a Secret Wars movie in the future.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:42 AM   #248
Vracula
Jedi Order

Loved the movie . 9/10 for me.

That all girl scene was a bit cringey but whatever.

Capn handling Mjolnir was just mad good.

Great swan song.
I think Larson is great, I love that cheeky smile.
I am still amazed that the MCU was able to pull this off by keeping egos in check and a consistent formula. Bravo to Feige and the Russo Bros for giving us probably one of the best duologies ever.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:47 AM   #249
Mister H
Gen 13

The estrogen scene didn’t bother me. Fat Thor and weeny Hulk did bother me. Out of the four main Avengers, Cap and IM were done right. The other two almost ruined the movie entirely for me. I know that there were going to be deaths but Widow? Seemed unnecessary. Looks like Loki is back now that he has the ( or “a” ) tesseract. My final thoughts about the MCU is that I’m probably done with any possible Avengers stuff. Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer stuff I’ll watch but that may be it. No interest in the Eternals or Captain Marvel, GOTG, or whatever else they have left. Too bad. At least I have two great and one good Captain America movies to re-watch, can’t complain too much.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:27 AM   #250
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post

Bad:
1. The female assemble scene. (Wanda n Ms. Marvel would have done fine) Female fan service made me almost lose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

That all girl scene was a bit cringey but whatever.

There was this groan in the theatre during that statement type scene... I'm not entirely sure who Disney is trying to please with that scene or who exactly is demanding to be placated in this manner. It's par for the course in 2019. Apparently, the world needs constant reminders that women can be useful. Imagine for a moment if that scene were replaced by an all-gay ensemble or all-Muslim team-up or some other identifiable group. I mean, of course I get the intention to present a positive message. However, I'm not sure how a scene like that can avoid the risk of coming off as patronising too.

As for Brie Larson... My thought is that if she generally presented as more likeable, humble, or genuine during her interviews, I think the media and fanbase would have warmed up to her more. I think a large majority of the negative press Captain Marvel gets is likely because of the polarizing actress herself. I actually liked the Captain Marvel movie, however, whenever Brie appears in an interview, it seems she has a lot of trouble reining herself in or stepping away from what sometimes appears like an irritated missionary-type platform. Then again, to be fair, of course she can do and say what she wants -- but when the proverbial sh*t eventually hits the fan on her career, she shouldn't go blaming everyone else for it.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote