Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #231
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Saw it last night. I don't want to spoil anything or put anything into anyones head, but I thought Infinity War was better. This movie had some great scenes/moments, but the total was worth less than the sum of its parts. I also thought it was too long, LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Just got back and I'm disappointed, overly long, confusing, and the slapstick comedy elements with certain characters I hated, I think my expectations were way too high with this film though.

Infinity War was much, much better.
I wont say I was disappointed, but IW was better I agree. Still had a great time!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #232
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I assume he returned Mjolnir along with the Reality Stone to Asgard. You can't have that Thor go without his greatest weapon.

Of course! D'oh! Didn't even occur to me. Thanks Tet!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:33 PM   #233
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Biggest regret? No redemption for the Hulk! He didn't fight in IW, and didn't Hulk Smash a thing in this one. No rage out. I feel robbed.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:47 PM   #234
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Biggest regret? No redemption for the Hulk! He didn't fight in IW, and didn't Hulk Smash a thing in this one. No rage out. I feel robbed.

Yeah, that was another thing I didn't care for.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #235
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
New Hulk was really bad. Only good Hulk scene was the 2012 one again!

Also, Captain made Stark fight for the team, giving up his life and got him killed so then Captain just abandons the team to live his own life like Stark had. Lmao. I realize there were millions at lives at stake but still...just not a big fan of this one.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #236
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The Hulk has been short-changed for most of the MCU being used primarily just to showcase how powerful other characters are when they beat him.

His one claim to fame in Endgame is that he was the one to undo Thanos' snap and bringing back the trillions of vanished.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:28 PM   #237
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

So I guess Peter has to woo Gamora all over again? well I guess that's nothing new really. LOL

Only thing that grated on me for a moment was oh, let's make sure all the women characters manage to gather together for a girl power session despite the massive chaos and confusion of a battlefield. Ugh. Not like they were going up against some sexist villian to make a point against him. Totally forced and it felt like it.
But again it was like 30 seconds so whatevs.

I want a Rocket movie damn it.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:12 AM   #238
built2shred
Phoenix

****SPOILERS****

I thought End Game had more Depth then Infinity Wars story wise but for those who prefer action then yeah I can see why some people would prefer Infinity Wars which was pretty much non-stop action.

Considering this movie was the end for some of the OG Avengers, I thought it was very well done and a good swan song for Tony Stark, Natalia Romanova and Steve Rogers... Maybe even Hulk, not sure... Looks like Thor might be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3....

I found Brie's Captain Marvel character even more annoying in this movie then her own, I'm just glad she only had a small part in this movie... She tries to play the character as a bad ass by being cocky and arrogant but it doesn't come off in a charming way like it does when Loki does it... It comes off more like "I'm better then you, so F you"

The whole girl power moment at the end came off as very cheesy.... It might of been a more meaningful moment if every other Movie and TV show wasn't doing it also.. now it's becoming a joke...

Going forward I'm not sure Marvel is going to have the same success with the "New" Avengers... So far I really don't see anyone who can carry the ball like Robert Downy Jr. and Chris Evans did... without them around I just don't see the same success, especially if they plan on using Brie Larson to lead them..

As for a New Thor statue based on this movie, umm I'll pass

I'd give End Game 8.7/10
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:31 AM   #239
Mister H
Gen 13

End Game: meh.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:03 AM   #240
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
****SPOILERS****

I thought End Game had more Depth then Infinity Wars story wise but for those who prefer action then yeah I can see why some people would prefer Infinity Wars which was pretty much non-stop action.

Considering this movie was the end for some of the OG Avengers, I thought it was very well done and a good swan song for Tony Stark, Natalia Romanova and Steve Rogers... Maybe even Hulk, not sure... Looks like Thor might be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3....

I found Brie's Captain Marvel character even more annoying in this movie then her own, I'm just glad she only had a small part in this movie... She tries to play the character as a bad ass by being cocky and arrogant but it doesn't come off in a charming way like it does when Loki does it... It comes off more like "I'm better then you, so F you"

The whole girl power moment at the end came off as very cheesy.... It might of been a more meaningful moment if every other Movie and TV show wasn't doing it also.. now it's becoming a joke...

Going forward I'm not sure Marvel is going to have the same success with the "New" Avengers... So far I really don't see anyone who can carry the ball like Robert Downy Jr. and Chris Evans did... without them around I just don't see the same success, especially if they plan on using Brie Larson to lead them..

As for a New Thor statue based on this movie, umm I'll pass

I'd give End Game 8.7/10
Your take-a-ways with Carol, while I appreciate your opinion, come more down to writing than to Larson. Also, that's kinda how she is in the comics a good portion of the time.

I will say this, I completely agree with you about missing Steve and Tony, I'm far less interested in an Avengers film without them. And I think you're spot on with the New Avengers tag, because whenever they decide to come back to it I think that's exactly what the title will be.

Then again there's so much for them to dive into now, who knows when the next Avengers film will be.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote