Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-27-2019, 11:11 AM   #261
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

One of the bits that really made me choke up, was when cap knew he was beat and he struggled to his feet and pulled the strap on his shield and got ready. That bit summed up Cap as a character to me.
agreed. It was if Steve knew, this is it - and was ready to die. I love Cap as a character. The best.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #262
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
It does take those characters out of their original timeline.

I wonder if all this time travel stuff is setting up Kang the Conqueror?

I like where your heads at!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #263
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
So they've still got the time travel tech. Can't someone just go back in time and grab a Tony Stark and Young Captain America? It's how we have Gamora alive, and apparently that doesn't affect the timeline (for some reason)?
So wasn't Cap's job to go back and clip all these timelines? Funny - because between Kang and Immortus, that's usually one of their jobs!

Old 04-27-2019, 11:14 AM   #264
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Just a thought -- had Thanos killed off or seriously injured an Avenger or two with his bare hands, it may have elevated his danger status. At the very least, the fans would have hated him even more. Killing Hawkeye and seriously injuring Shuri, for example, may have added an element of drama that might have been missing overall. Anyway, too late now, lol. All this to say, we left the theatre quite content with what we got, even with the few "ifs" and "ands" we had lingering.
I also felt like someone's death at Thanos' hands was how I was gonna get my raging Hulk! But alas....
Old 04-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #265
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I found hulk under all the rubble a nod to Secret Wars when he held up a mountain to keep the team alive. I felt like it showcases his power.
Agreed!
Old 04-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #266
qz33
Doctor Doom

Hahahaha!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-movie.html
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #267
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Agreed about Hulk and Thor. HATED what they did to them. They did not act or look like the heroes they are...couldn’t stand it. The time travel to 2012 Avengers really made me miss that Hulk....and that movie!

Also not a fan of Cap choosing Falcon over Bucky to be the next Captain America. I easily prefer Thor 2 over this one.

SPOILERS:

Wow. Hard to express all of the thoughts that have built up over the last 10 years of watching these characters come to life on the big screen that I've loved for the last 52 years. That's about how long I've been reading their adventures in comics, watching them in cartoons, etc. Captain America, Iron Man and Black Widow were a triumph overall I would have to say in the end. But I am greatly saddened by the way the Hulk and Thor were ultimately dismissed and diminished because of an apparent need to validate Captain Marvel's supremacy and sell the future direction of the MCU, which looks to be A-Force. Also, Brie Larson's Captain Marvel was an arrogant jerk in End Game more than she was in Captain Marvel.

I have no problem with A-Force per se, I just don't understand the "Us" vs "Them" mentality that means you have to diminish one gender in order to elevate the other one. I don't believe in it either way. I don't think men should be elevated above women, and I don't think that women should be elevated above men. We need each other.

Aside from this the whole movie was a difficult three hours in many ways. It drug so badly at some points that I almost considered the bathroom break brought on by my soda. Other thoughts:

Thor: Uhhghh. Really? After having just made him relevant they turned him into a complete and utter joke. It was gross what they did to Thor in this movie and ultimately left a horrific taste in my mouth as a fan of the character.

Hulk: Uhhghh. Really? Professor Hulk was virtually worthless. His arm/injuries should have healed within moments from the damage he incurred. And, Giant Man smashes out from under tons of rubble to save the Hulk? So wrong on so many levels for anyone who knows anything about these characters. The Hulk was also effectively destroyed as Thor was in a systematic attempt to devalue the need for them. I also wanted him to fight Thanos so badly, but alas, he wasn't able to really do anything at all in this movie.

Hawkeye: When he jumped I felt a sigh of relief thinking that Natasha was going home with the stone. I can't imagine there are many who wouldn't have wanted this scenario to have been reversed.

Dr. Strange: Was he in this movie? I missed having more of him in this one.

I agree that Bucky should have taken the mantle, but this was the latest direction from the comics when there was someone else in the role of Cap so I do understand why they took it that way.

I have a lot of questions. I'm going again on Tuesday on someone else's dime, and I will take a break if my soda tells me to this time, but honestly I'm not as excited to see it a second time as I thought I would be. I'm actually sad to see some of the decisions that were made to end this amazing cinematic saga and would have to say that the "End Game" was not nearly as enjoyable a way to end this as the experience of the overall ride.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #268
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
I also felt like someone's death at Thanos' hands was how I was gonna get my raging Hulk! But alas....
Yep. I thought Nat getting killed, one way or another, was going to lead to the Hulk/Thanos showdown everyone wanted. But, we got the big on that.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #269
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
SPOILERS:

Wow. Hard to express all of the thoughts that have built up over the last 10 years of watching these characters come to life on the big screen that I've loved for the last 52 years. That's about how long I've been reading their adventures in comics, watching them in cartoons, etc. Captain America, Iron Man and Black Widow were a triumph overall I would have to say in the end. But I am greatly saddened by the way the Hulk and Thor were ultimately dismissed and diminished because of an apparent need to validate Captain Marvel's supremacy and sell the future direction of the MCU, which looks to be A-Force. Also, Brie Larson's Captain Marvel was an arrogant jerk in End Game more than she was in Captain Marvel.

I have no problem with A-Force per se, I just don't understand the "Us" vs "Them" mentality that means you have to diminish one gender in order to elevate the other one. I don't believe in it either way. I don't think men should be elevated above women, and I don't think that women should be elevated above men. We need each other.

Aside from this the whole movie was a difficult three hours in many ways. It drug so badly at some points that I almost considered the bathroom break brought on by my soda. Other thoughts:

Thor: Uhhghh. Really? After having just made him relevant they turned him into a complete and utter joke. It was gross what they did to Thor in this movie and ultimately left a horrific taste in my mouth as a fan of the character.

Hulk: Uhhghh. Really? Professor Hulk was virtually worthless. His arm/injuries should have healed within moments from the damage he incurred. And, Giant Man smashes out from under tons of rubble to save the Hulk? So wrong on so many levels for anyone who knows anything about these characters. The Hulk was also effectively destroyed as Thor was in a systematic attempt to devalue the need for them. I also wanted him to fight Thanos so badly, but alas, he wasn't able to really do anything at all in this movie.

Hawkeye: When he jumped I felt a sigh of relief thinking that Natasha was going home with the stone. I can't imagine there are many who wouldn't have wanted this scenario to have been reversed.

Dr. Strange: Was he in this movie? I missed having more of him in this one.

I agree that Bucky should have taken the mantle, but this was the latest direction from the comics when there was someone else in the role of Cap so I do understand why they took it that way.

I have a lot of questions. I'm going again on Tuesday on someone else's dime, and I will take a break if my soda tells me to this time, but honestly I'm not as excited to see it a second time as I thought I would be. I'm actually sad to see some of the decisions that were made to end this amazing cinematic saga and would have to say that the "End Game" was not nearly as enjoyable a way to end this as the experience of the overall ride.
The only thing I'll say which may make you feel better is I went to see it a second time and really enjoyed it (I'm in agreement with everything you said). Knowing what I was (and wasn't) going to see really allowed me to watch the film for what it is, not what I wanted to see. Go in to your second viewing with an open mind, I think you'll be surprised.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:23 PM   #270
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Yep. I thought Nat getting killed, one way or another, was going to lead to the Hulk/Thanos showdown everyone wanted. But, we got the big on that.
Yeah. Definitely disappointing