Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #271
built2shred
Phoenix

Maybe it's because when I was a kid I didn't really read many Marvel Comic books, a few Spider-Man's here and there but I was mostly a DC fan...

For me, I thought what they did to Thor was really funny and added a lot of comic relief... Even in the first Thor movie he did a lot of dry comedy in it.. Maybe in the comics they portray Thor as a more serious type character but in the movies he's always been portrayed with a dry sense of humor... This was really seen in Thor 3.. So for me anyways, the fat Thor was perfect for the movie character given the circumstances of him blaming himself for everything... but I can understand why comic book fans might be upset about it..

Yeah I would of liked to have seen Professor Hulk lose it at least once in the end, that would of been pretty cool... but I did get a kick at seeing Professor Hulk, he did have some funny moments..

As far as Brie goes, I'm sure the writers are partly to blame for how her character is portrayed in the movie but remember that actors do have a say in some of the direction they take their characters in and given Brie's attitude in the real world, it's hard to separate the actress from the character as they seem to be one of the same. I think that's the big reason she is getting so much hate...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #272
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Well if she was a dude with a bad attitude no one would care. I think as a woman character people (meaning guys) have a perception about how she “should” act. I have no problem with her being an asshole. All characters aren’t nice
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:18 PM   #273
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Well if she was a dude with a bad attitude no one would care. I think as a woman character people (meaning guys) have a perception about how she “should” act. I have no problem with her being an asshole. All characters aren’t nice
Agree 100%. You know what I thought about the scene where all the ladies were showcased in one shot? Who the hell cares. Good for them. It doesn't change the rest of the story, or the previous 20+ films, or the fact that I either like or dislike some of the character portrayals, male or female, in the films. I don't know about the complainers, but I know MY dick doesn't shrink just because a woman is allowed to be proud of herself.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #274
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I didn’t read the comics either but Thor never ever acted like that in any other movie. His usual arrogant self turned into a crying baby and a coward. It really took me out of the movie. He acted more like he did in that annoying Ghostbusters role.

I thought the new Hulk look was supposed to be a joke when it first showed him. Couldn’t believe they went with that Hulk. I even would have loved Ragnorak Hulk over this one, he could talk and was still Hulk and pretty funny.

Steve passing the torch to Falcon really rubbed me the wrong way. His lifelong friend Bucky was right there and he didn’t even speak to him. Awful. He should have been the next Captain.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:34 PM   #275
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Agree 100%. You know what I thought about the scene where all the ladies were showcased in one shot? Who the hell cares. Good for them. It doesn't change the rest of the story, or the previous 20+ films, or the fact that I either like or dislike some of the character portrayals, male or female, in the films. I don't know about the complainers, but I know MY dick doesn't shrink just because a woman is allowed to be proud of herself.
I didn't not like that shot, I just thought it was cringey as hell

'She's not alone' --all females get together 1 by 1

It could have been done a bit more tastfully.

But the most annoying part of the final act was when Captain Marvel got headbutted by Thanos, and it did absolutely nothing, with Cp.Marvel giving off a little smirk. That was horse poo. I remember letting out 'oh for **** sake' in the cinema lol

I also thought 'yeah, the shield should logically go to Bucky' , but the social justice equivalent took precedence unfortunately.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #276
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I didn't not like that shot, I just thought it was cringey as hell

'She's not alone' --all females get together 1 by 1

It could have been done a bit more tastfully.

But the most annoying part of the final act was when Captain Marvel got headbutted by Thanos, and it did absolutely nothing, with Cp.Marvel giving off a little smirk. That was horse poo. I remember letting out 'oh for **** sake' in the cinema lol

I also thought 'yeah, the shield should logically go to Bucky' , but the social justice equivalent took precedence unfortunately.
Ah, another angry white man threatened by progress.

Quote:
Exactly. Many of the male "heroes" (Tony Stark, Thor, Clint Barton, Peter Quill, etc.) are snarky dicks, yet they're idolized by so many male viewers. When a female remotely behaves that way, those same male viewers are threatened.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #277
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Ah, another angry white man threatened by progress.
Who's a white man? We have a racist here.

Guess that's how you start arguments when you don't agree. Throw accusations. You are right though, progress will never be made with the racist likes of you around
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #278
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #279
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Excellent point, E! One I agree with.

In relation to the female characters all syncing up like they did on the battlefield, it wasn’t inappropriate or ‘putting men down’, I just think it was a little unrealistic the way they were all waiting in the wings to say something empowering. That actually undermines the message a bit.

BUT, if it gets female viewers going to the cinema and young girls playing superhero instead of wanting to be Disney princesses (irony there) then im glad it’s in the movie.

I actually think the way Wanda nearly tore thanks apart was much more empowering.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #280
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Excellent point, E! One I agree with.

In relation to the female characters all syncing up like they did on the battlefield, it wasn’t inappropriate or ‘putting men down’, I just think it was a little unrealistic the way they were all waiting in the wings to say something empowering. That actually undermines the message a bit.

BUT, if it gets female viewers going to the cinema and young girls playing superhero instead of wanting to be Disney princesses (irony there) then im glad it’s in the movie.

I actually think the way Wanda nearly tore thanks apart was much more empowering.
100% agree.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote