Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #251
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I was going to say the same. So far, Tweeterehead has the 1/6 DC Market. If they did marvel pieces I think a lot of people would go that route. Bowen might be starting up again. I am close to calling it quits with 1/4. Mostly due to space.
I’m really struggling to find space for pieces and boxes.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #252
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I’m really struggling to find space for pieces and boxes.
The boxes for the 1/4 pieces get larger and larger. Boxes are the worst part of the hobby. They literally drive me nuts.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:11 PM   #253
built2shred
Phoenix

Biggest issue for me is I like collecting statues but don't have the room for a huge collection... I think ideally I'll end up with a few of my favorite characters in 1/4 scale and then get my collecting fix by collecting 1:6... Even 1/10 has become really popular with collectors lately...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #254
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Even 1/10 has become really popular with collectors lately...
This trend has surprised me, in large part bc for the prices that companies like Kotobukiya and Iron Studios are charging, one could easily get 1/8- or 1/7-scale statues of the same characters.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #255
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
The boxes for the 1/4 pieces get larger and larger. Boxes are the worst part of the hobby. They literally drive me nuts.
My wife hates the boxes the most out of everything actually because they are so difficult to store and take up so much space. I may eventually say these pieces are going to my daughters and throw out the boxes, but that’s a tough decision.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #256
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Biggest issue for me is I like collecting statues but don't have the room for a huge collection... I think ideally I'll end up with a few of my favorite characters in 1/4 scale and then get my collecting fix by collecting 1:6... Even 1/10 has become really popular with collectors lately...
My plan is to finish up the DC and marvel 1/4 scale lines this year. I think Batwoman will be the ending piece for DC and a custom Emma will finish my marvel display. Then I will be focusing on just the fairytale line and resin kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
My wife hates the boxes the most out of everything actually because they are so difficult to store and take up so much space. I may eventually say these pieces are going to my daughters and throw out the boxes, but that’s a tough decision.
I would love to have a bonfire, and just punt the boxes into it. But, if you ever want to sell....I have sold a lot lately and in the past. But I am slowly twiddling my collection down to something I will be content with. But I am still not willing to destroy the boxes. There is always a chance I will grow old with a piece.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #257
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

There has been quite a spike in listings for the original rogue pf. Seems people are trying to dump her before this one starts grabbing people's attention. I feel like whatever value the old one held is gonna absolutely go down the drain when the maquette goes up for order.

I looked up the last 2 that sold on ebay. Both were exclusive. The one that sold before this rogue was announced went for 1400CAD. The most recent one went for half that. The guy that sold his on the 29th of June dodged a bullet. lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #258
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
There has been quite a spike in listings for the original rogue pf. Seems people are trying to dump her before this one starts grabbing people's attention. I feel like whatever value the old one held is gonna absolutely go down the drain when the maquette goes up for order.

I looked up the last 2 that sold on ebay. Both were exclusive. The one that sold before this rogue was announced went for 1400CAD. The most recent one went for half that. The guy that sold his on the 29th of June dodged a bullet. lol
It will tank. Considering what a piece of junk it is I'm surprised it rose in value at all. Mine was decent only because I paid a bunch of extra money to have her portrait totally redone.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #259
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Yeah that thing was a repaint or fail. lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #260
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It will tank. Considering what a piece of junk it is I'm surprised it rose in value at all. Mine was decent only because I paid a bunch of extra money to have her portrait totally redone.

It's too bad they're charging so much now though, makes you wonder if it's best to wait and see how much it might dip in the aftermarket.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote