Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-27-2018, 05:22 AM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm starting to rethink the 2nd and 3rd tier characters from Tweeterhead. Seems like they all get discounted heavily shortly after release...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:24 AM   #22
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

good deal
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #23
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That is great price I bet if it’s damaged they won’t help much unlike dealing with Tweeterhead direct. Worth the price of admission to me
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #24
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Purchased!

Was heavily on the fence for this one like I was with Supergirl (also recently heavily discounted). No real regrets with Supergirl since I had to have the exclusive with Streaky the cat.

Bud & Lou will look great next to my Joker and Harley.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #25
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm starting to rethink the 2nd and 3rd tier characters from Tweeterhead. Seems like they all get discounted heavily shortly after release...
My one concern is if this hurts them or discourages taking on such characters. I'm fine in this case supporting Tweeterhead taking on characters I've been asking for and no one does (such as upcoming Donna Troy).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #26
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My one concern is if this hurts them or discourages taking on such characters. I'm fine in this case supporting Tweeterhead taking on characters I've been asking for and no one does (such as upcoming Donna Troy).
I’ve only seen Supergirl and Bud & Lou get heavily discounted thus far and just enough to move inventory. In Supergirl’s case I don’t think it would hurt. On eBay, I only saw one EX sell for less than $300 ($272 to be precise).

In Donna Troy’s case, I think collectors have been itching to get their hands on a quality statue of her so I really think it will sell well. I wonder though if most would order from other retailers since the EX doesn’t really have any EXtra swap-out parts, primarily to avoid the steep preorder fee and to save on shipping.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #27
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm going to get Donna Troy through Ebay no need for the EX for me. I did order the EX Catwoman for a chance at the original art.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:54 PM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

I think Donna Troy will be one that you can get heavily discounted from Entertainment Earth.... That's a huge discount for the dogs considering they just came out like 2 months ago...

I think you'll also be able to get big discounts on all the non-exclusive statues... Wouldn't surprise me to see Batman, Supes and WW (non-exclusive versions) for $150 after release..

Regular Harley version has been selling between $170 - $230 on Ebay... I think if you keep tabs on Ebay and the various stores you'll be able to score a lot of this line on the cheap.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #29
Augen
The Hulk

You're probably right, but I pre ordered Donna as a thank you to Tweeterhead. Who knows though, if a Catwoman is discounted I may get her cheap like I did Supergirl as on the fence. I just really want this line to go for a good ten years.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:44 AM   #30
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
She told me I’m on a list for a replacement hyena but it could take a few weeks to get from the factory.
Any word about your replacement from Deb?

It has been 2 months since I last emailed with her and haven't heard anything since.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote