Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

» Spotlight
Imaginarium Mazinkaiser DGK Prime 1 Kinnikuman Tweeterhead Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #321
Alter Ego
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Since there's no news on expanding the X-Men 92 line, I've decided to add some new characters from other lines. Can you spot my first imposter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190515_161254.jpg (667.7 KB, 51 views)
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #322
Dark Knight.
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 221
Nice. I added the IS Colossus to my Koto lineup for now
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:42 AM   #323
Alter Ego
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Nice. I added the IS Colossus to my Koto lineup for now
Would love to see a photo of that!
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #324
Tushar
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Tushar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: India
Posts: 673
Based on their recent choices, I'm beginning to worry Koto will go bankrupt before they have a chance to expand this line.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #325
Tushar
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Tushar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: India
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Nice. I added the IS Colossus to my Koto lineup for now
The IS Mystique should go nicely as well.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #326
Bea625
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Bea625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Based on their recent choices, I'm beginning to worry Koto will go bankrupt before they have a chance to expand this line.

I agree as well. 90% of their recent releases have been heavily discounted. Last Jedi releases had to hurt the line. Also, they're not going to get retail or anywhere near that imo for the premier line. You can go on Amazon or eBay and see that a large majority of their releases are at least $20-$25 under MSRP.

I just bough Infinity War Thanos for $64 (MSRP $100) and Dr. Strange, which just came out, for $76 (MSRP $110). I'm really interested in seeing how low the Iron Spider statue goes. It's the one I want most, but has an outrageous MSRP of $120. I do wonder sometimes if they stretch the initial MSRP to see who will buy up front based off of hype. That way, they could make up for the reductions most statues get down the road.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #327
Josado
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Josado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
I agree as well. 90% of their recent releases have been heavily discounted. Last Jedi releases had to hurt the line. Also, they're not going to get retail or anywhere near that imo for the premier line. You can go on Amazon or eBay and see that a large majority of their releases are at least $20-$25 under MSRP.

I just bough Infinity War Thanos for $64 (MSRP $100) and Dr. Strange, which just came out, for $76 (MSRP $110). I'm really interested in seeing how low the Iron Spider statue goes. It's the one I want most, but has an outrageous MSRP of $120. I do wonder sometimes if they stretch the initial MSRP to see who will buy up front based off of hype. That way, they could make up for the reductions most statues get down the road.
I honestly think they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Most of their sales probably come from the anime product they sell.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #328
Bea625
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Bea625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I honestly think they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Most of their sales probably come from the anime product they sell.

I don't think they would fold, but I worry about them not pursuing more Marvel/Star Wars/DC and becoming simply Bishoujo/Anime. I think, if they can, KOTO needs to play it safe and release statues that would absolutely make them $$. If feasible, re-release past statues that have gone up in price and demand.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #329
Alter Ego
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
I don't think they would fold, but I worry about them not pursuing more Marvel/Star Wars/DC and becoming simply Bishoujo/Anime. I think, if they can, KOTO needs to play it safe and release statues that would absolutely make them $$. If feasible, re-release past statues that have gone up in price and demand.
Love that idea. DC is remaking several of their fine art statues 1/2 size and at 1/2 price. As someone who started collecting Koto late, I'd love to get 1/2 scale of the Sosa X-Men statues. I'd pay for those before I'd buy the premier ARTFX line.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:42 PM   #330
Dark Knight.
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Would love to see a photo of that!
Not the best display, I currently have them crammed on one Detolf shelf lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X-men.jpg (270.6 KB, 22 views)
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com