Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #271
maximum_minimal
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
what is the exact size of this?
It couldn't be far off 24 inches. I guess if CM were really fussy (though, as well we all know, they aint) they would create a genuine 1:3 scale of Harrison Ford. He's 6'1, so he'd be 73 inches tall, and therefore the CM would be 24 1/3 inches tall.

Yep, I'm a smart-ass.

And, for the record, I wish it was as tall as the Predator CM. There's just so much more bang for your buck with that one.
maximum_minimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #272
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

just doesn't seem worth it to me
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #273
pacobird
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum_minimal View Post
I've been perusing these forums for a little while, and thought I might give my two cents about the Indy CM.

I definitely think that CM have come as close as they can with the Harrison Ford likeness. I mean, the company is still making what is essentially a glorified action figure, not a human clone, and they're making it with artificial materials. It's a toy, not your own little Harrison Ford to carry with you and call upon for aid in times of need (eg when Mola Ram comes knocking at your door).

I suppose the ONE thing that's letting Indy down is his eyes. Yep, CM have got the trademark nose and chin parts right, and the face itself (cf the CM Jack Sparrow) doesn't look too bloated, nor do the eyes appear too close together (cf Aragorn). However, the eyes still look like they're painted on. Which they are. But (and as others have mentioned in this forum) glass eyes would have been the better material. It just makes sense to use glass for eyes and hair for hair. Painted eyes were and are acceptable in lower end products (NECA 18 inchers, for example) but at 2000 bucks CM has cut corners. And the lack of eye lashes (but I admit that would have been hard to make) on the lower eye lid only amplifies this problem.

Ah well.

Otherwise, it's pretty decent. Even the clothing is pretty cool.

I must admit when I first saw ASAKA's photo I thought he had just photo-shopped an old image of Indy just to scam us all. But nah, it's all good. In the end, I'd say it's the best HUMAN representation that CM has made so far (Arnie looked like Richard Nixon with his massive jowls).

And just ONE other quibble. I wish CM had left the name-plate silver instead of gold. Just looked better against the colour-palette used in the statue as a whole. I guess CM can't always hire the best creative talent.
The eyes bug me too--also the fedora. It should have been made of felt instead of sculpted. The painted eyes wouldn't be too bad if they were glossy enough. I wonder if there is a silicone gloss sealer that can be applied. I have some silicone paints which I can use to make some alterations if necessary. The eyelashes won't be too hard to punch in. I've tried it on 1/6 vinyl heads and it worked, so this should be easier. However, it would have been great if CM had put glass eyes in the figure to start.

I pre-ordered the Indy CM from Big Bad Toy Store. I also have a Sideshow Indy EX pre-ordered from Sideshow. I'll take some comparison pictures and post them when I receive both of them.
pacobird is offline   Reply With Quote