Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-23-2018, 01:32 AM   #61
Brandon
The X-Men

Seriously?!?! Why scrap him entirely? Most of him was pretty good, all that needed to be changed was his pose and some other minor tweaks with his face and costume. This had such great potential, I hope they change their minds...
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:33 AM   #62
Cmac
Mephisto

I don't understand why it came out like that. They were obviously trying to follow Jim Lee's original art as the placeholder outline in the previous images was from his "Heroes" art. It just needed the legs closer together, the left arm down instead of out, and a small adjustment to the torso as it seemed a little long.

There is probably more to this than we are privy to, but I don't understand making Huntress (a fine statue) which is a "B" character at best and not make Nightwing who definitely has a much larger following. Maybe Huntress isn't selling as well as we think which made the decision easier? Or they could be basing it off the sales of the previous Nightwing?
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:36 AM   #63
Gothamite
Phoenix

Wow, someone at P1 got their feelings hurt.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:44 AM   #64
Swingman24
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Wow, someone's feelings at P1 got hurt.
Pretty much.
Swingman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:53 AM   #65
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I don't understand why it came out like that. They were obviously trying to follow Jim Lee's original art as the placeholder outline in the previous images was from his "Heroes" art. It just needed the legs closer together, the left arm down instead of out, and a small adjustment to the torso as it seemed a little long.

There is probably more to this than we are privy to, but I don't understand making Huntress (a fine statue) which is a "B" character at best and not make Nightwing who definitely has a much larger following. Maybe Huntress isn't selling as well as we think which made the decision easier? Or they could be basing it off the sales of the previous Nightwing?
They are even making Lobo and Darkseid’s daughter in 1/3 scale. But No nightwing? I can’t believe this.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:01 AM   #66
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Wow, someone at P1 got their feelings hurt.

lol!
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:13 AM   #67
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow! Maybe they got pissed off from everyone's reaction and just scrapped it out of spite. Really sucks for Nightwing fans and the people who are actually buying this as a whole set. Did they forget that these statues go together lol?
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:26 AM   #68
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Wow! Maybe they got pissed off from everyone's reaction and just scrapped it out of spite. Really sucks for Nightwing fans and the people who are actually buying this as a whole set. Did they forget that these statues go together lol?
im happy that they scrapped, it was not a statue at the level of p1, it was a joke
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:27 AM   #69
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So they made a lazy statue people show the obvious fact and they... cancel the project?
What about nightwing fans?? Roger that. Hush line means bats & supes, I am not buying any more characters if nightwing is not going to be here.

Awful news, awful reaction from P1.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:45 AM   #70
ambasah
Red Skull

to completely cancel a project instead of taking the feedback and coming up with something better shows this company is being led by someone who is too emotionally invested and lacks business sense.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote