Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-31-2023, 12:17 PM   #1
Eddie7of7
Doh!

Exclamation Need Some Help

Hello everyone, Like you guys, I am a collector. I have a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with or advise me on. Long story short, my storage unit was broken into recently and I lost some of my stuff. What was taken was completely random but among it all was the head to my life-size Sideshow Iron Man Mark III statue. The rest of the piece is there, but the box containing the head was taken. Despite having spent what I did on it, and the fact that it is still available for sale on their website, Sideshow will not help me replace it, even at cost to me. So, I am hoping that someone in the collecting community can help me find one or even suggest someone that can and maybe already has fabricated one. I have a perfectly good base and body that is worthless because it is missing the head. Any help anyone can offer in this search will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Eddie7of7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I'd check on the facebook groups. You'll have a much larger audience there.

The other option I'd suggest is just selling it as is. Someone out there might want it for something.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 05:04 PM   #3
AC_808
Hercules

Yup, facebook groups first. Then if that fails, use eBay.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 05:13 PM   #4
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I know that it is a little late now but you should probably insure your collection. If it was insured you are covered for times like these and you could have it replaced at the current value it is now and not what you paid for plus or minus.

https://collectinsure.com/

I've used this company for years and I've had to use them once but it was well worth in the end.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 12:02 AM   #5
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie7of7 View Post
Hello everyone, Like you guys, I am a collector. I have a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with or advise me on. Long story short, my storage unit was broken into recently and I lost some of my stuff. What was taken was completely random but among it all was the head to my life-size Sideshow Iron Man Mark III statue. The rest of the piece is there, but the box containing the head was taken. Despite having spent what I did on it, and the fact that it is still available for sale on their website, Sideshow will not help me replace it, even at cost to me. So, I am hoping that someone in the collecting community can help me find one or even suggest someone that can and maybe already has fabricated one. I have a perfectly good base and body that is worthless because it is missing the head. Any help anyone can offer in this search will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Such a shtty thing to do, I am sorry. I think the best option with least $$ is to buy the most similar life size bust, ones that only has the head with no part of body attached. There are plenty for sale and many well done recasts as iron man helmet head is very common. Then have someone like Vince Vell to custom resculpt the bottom part so it connects to the body, you can have the head turn on lightup by itself to further save money so wires don?t need to connect either. Obviously it will never resale but for home display it may not be bad.

The chance of finding this exact life size statue and someone willing to just sell the head is very very small, given life size statues are a fractional of the ownership to start with.

Edit: another option is if you have any Chinese friends you can ask them to reach out to one of the many vendors on taobao that specialize in 1:1 Ironman, I don?t see the sideshow mk3 when I did a quick search but I am sure they can copy one from sideshow easily. A well done life size version is around $1k, if you offer them $500 just for the head some may willing to do it lol. It?s easy for them as most of those vendors have all of sideshows life size casts in storage. see attached for one of the sellers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8712.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	165623  
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 12:03 AM   #6
Rockhammer
Doh!

Sorry for the loss, really sucks.
Since it was life size, you might try the RPF (Replica Prop Forum).
Rockhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 12:22 AM   #7
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhammer View Post
Sorry for the loss, really sucks.
Since it was life size, you might try the RPF (Replica Prop Forum).
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 12:23 AM   #8
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie7of7 View Post
Welcome to the forum! [ And sorry to hear about your bad luck.... ]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote