Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #471
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The p2 seems easier to get that if you'll "settle" for that one. It's my favorite and the one I poed when I had the option for either but it seems like I'm the minority ;p
Get what you like not what's most popular. I too had an option for both and I went P2. If I could do it all over again I'd STILL pick the P2. In my mind I sure as hell didn't "settle".
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #472
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

P2 does look incredible- it just messes with my ocd, gotta have the OG.

Excited to see what Felicia looks like. The acrylic on her big eyes is gonna be awesome I think.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #473
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Get what you like not what's most popular. I too had an option for both and I went P2. If I could do it all over again I'd STILL pick the P2. In my mind I sure as hell didn't "settle".
Red is my favorite color and I think the p2 looks better, and I would indeed order again. However for someone looking now it's no longer equal, the p2 can probably be had easier and cheaper so some people may go for it even though it's not their preferred option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
P2 does look incredible- it just messes with my ocd, gotta have the OG.

Excited to see what Felicia looks like. The acrylic on her big eyes is gonna be awesome I think.
Excited to see felicia as well, I hope I pass though :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #474
Negativepenalty
Fantastic Four

So glad I got a preorder for the OG colors. I wanted the alt Lilith colors but I'd rather own a statue of Lilith as opposed to a Morrigan with her colors. I'm waiting to see what is done with Felicia because Morrigan and Felicia have been do to hell and back with pvc figures and such.

Hoping they do Lei-Lei, Lilith, Zabel and Jedah. Everyone is clamoring for Demitri for some reason, I've always found him to be one of the most boring Vampire Savior/Darkstalker characters around.
Negativepenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #475
Chargersfan57

I find myself, so far, preferring all the alternate pieces haha! Like for example I'm going to go for Black Zero as apposed to the Red. Go figure!
Old 04-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #476
Negativepenalty
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I find myself, so far, preferring all the alternate pieces haha! Like for example I'm going to go for Black Zero as apposed to the Red. Go figure!
It's hard for me not to go for Black Armor Zero just because it was my favorite thing in X4, sadly my OCD would kill me if I didn't have OG colors. I love the scowl on the Black version as well. It's just so freaking awesome in every way.
Negativepenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #477
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativepenalty View Post
It's hard for me not to go for Black Armor Zero just because it was my favorite thing in X4, sadly my OCD would kill me if I didn't have OG colors. I love the scowl on the Black version as well. It's just so freaking awesome in every way.
I hear ya. I guess I'm happy I don't have your OCD.

I just go after the statues I prefer more. Before the reveal I had full intentions on going for the Red over the Black.

But once I saw him in shiny Black, with that killer scowl and purple energy sword, I quickly decided that he was the one.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #478
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

For me, I'd only ever want the P1. The P2 is a very nice looking piece (obviously, it's the same sculpt) but the color scheme is not Morrigan to me, at all.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #479
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
For me, I'd only ever want the P1. The P2 is a very nice looking piece (obviously, it's the same sculpt) but the color scheme is not Morrigan to me, at all.
I can definitely respect that!

I don't see myself collecting much of this line if they continue. I just never grew up with the game. Of course I know who Morrigan is though as she seems to have transcended the game...hmmm, wonder why...

So once I saw HMO's Morrigan I decided I definitely needed to add her to my collection. No joke, she looked like the best designed and now produced female I have EVER seen. (And I've been collecting since 2008!)

So I was definitely in for a Morrigan, but which one?

Once I saw those P2 colors I knew without a second guess that I had to have that version. I honestly think both are exquisite,...but with comparing both without prior knowledge of the rest of the license P2 was just more impressive to me. On statue aesthetics alone.

So while I think visually the P2 is the more impressive piece I 100% get why P1 would be more popular. For fans of the series she's the OG. She's the quintessential Morrigan.

I see the P2 as the fun rarer Morrigan variant. I think after release, both are going to show what's possible for the future of our hobby as far as the possibility of production pieces are concerned.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:25 AM   #480
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The way I decide which one to get, is go with the original coloring. But that's because I can't afford both. I'd easily get both colors if I could. Both look great.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote