Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #421
FROBAY
Phoenix

FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #422
Vallos
Jubilee

I'm with you Silas. This year I can't afford to spend needlessly as my girlfriend and I are planning to have a baby. This line is definitely priority (along with Yamato's fantasy line). So having information months before release is vital.

Has GG ever "dropped" products on the market shortly after announcements?
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #423
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Oh wow, congratulations man!! I hope that works out well for you.

Regarding the statues, the other big problem they may face, is if they release them (unannounced) during the release of other big name characters from either their own or another companies range of statues, and the sale of these suffer....kinda like Yamato and their fantasy figure line (I'm still shocked that I can buy a Ritual, at only 500 pieces, so long after it was released!!!). Would this then be justification for GG to discontinue the line? or worse still, avoid doing something like this in the future?!

You gotta trust that the GG marketing guys know what they're doing, but I'm beginning to feel, in this case, no news, is NOT good news!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #424
Vallos
Jubilee

Thanks, the baby, not yet conceived, has been in the works for months. Hopefully it happens soon.

I think you are correct, in that they don't want to release the statues without any type of exposure (like Ritual). This is the reason why they want to market them after they ink the supposed deal within other types of media, i.e., comics or animation. While it's a good business practice, its nonetheless a tricky and expensive process to market a new property. Because of this, I'm not surprised they are taking their time to release information. I would have preferred they did not show us such wondrous statues until they had everything in order. Or perhaps that was their intent... to drum up interest to warrant taking the next step.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #425
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #426
dechirico7
The Flash

I have a feeling this is going to take at least another year. Especially if they are waiting for the cartoon or whatever they are going to do. GG isn't known for keeping their schedule.

The best thing would have been for them not to reveal the statues until the show was actually ready to air. We have seen them all now and most of us will eventually lose interest.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #427
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The San Diego comiccon isn't just the largest fan convention, it is also a trade show where business deals are developed and made. So it is perfectly legitimate for GG to use their display space for promotion. While we would like the Honey Trap line to show up sooner than later, GG has to do what's best for their business. Which in this case includes find a means for promoting their original property to maximize sales.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #428
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So we are waiting for the cartoon to release so this would then be ready for preorder? That means when a said are done, this line will be completed in 2015-2016? That's way freakin too long.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #429
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
So we are waiting for the cartoon to release so this would then be ready for preorder? That means when a said are done, this line will be completed in 2015-2016? That's way freakin too long.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #430
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
The San Diego comiccon isn't just the largest fan convention, it is also a trade show where business deals are developed and made. So it is perfectly legitimate for GG to use their display space for promotion. While we would like the Honey Trap line to show up sooner than later, GG has to do what's best for their business. Which in this case includes find a means for promoting their original property to maximize sales.
If GG are trying to push an I.P. then they should have simply done that! If the whole thing is hinged on a cartoon, comic book, etc, then that's what they should have showcased, not the follow up merchandise. Let's face it, for us statues are a primary product, in many cases, for us, the statue is the be all, end all of our interest. I get the impression that for GG the statues are not the primary product......so this is like George Lucas showing the Star Wars toys off x amount of years before the first film came out.......pointless.

I have been a strong supporter of this line, and have been supportive of GG strategy (or lack of) for this release, but I'm losing interest.....the original novelty is wearing off, and I'm starting to see this "product" for what it is. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I can visualise myself being pretty blasé when it eventually comes out as other, more interesting products are showcased (and delivered) from other companies.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote