Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #621
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looking forward to pics cuz I'm gonna be on the sidelines for this one.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #622
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops View Post
Well that's me out...
Ditto. Pity.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #623
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow!! I'm truly shocked the regular Whisper is set at $600. I figured between $400-$500 given the scale and level of detail.

I guess GG is making a statement right out of the gate that this is going to be a high end line. I'd imagine we'll see a fairly low ES to match.

That being said Whisper is obviously the most intricately detailed of the group so this is likely the peak price point for these girls. I could see the others clocking in at $50 to $100 less but I'm only guessing.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #624
riky
Mephisto

Ha!
Hey GG, frak you too

No wonder it took you a whole year to work up the nerve to let us know the price.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #625
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

At this price I expect GG to deliver exactly what they're soliciting, free of QC issues. Speaking for myself... if they can do it, and I truly believe they can... then I'll feel its money well spent considering what I've accepted over the past few years from Sideshow for a couple hundred less.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #626
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

I was on the fence about getting this line since They are made up characters and I have no attachment to them. But I have the Sucker Punch Line-up of girls and after seeing how good the quality was in person I figured I may get the Honey trap girls too.

Now after seeing that price tag its a real easy HELL NO!
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #627
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
At this price I expect GG to deliver exactly what they're soliciting, free of QC issues. Speaking for myself... if they can do it, and I truly believe they can... then I'll feel its money well spent considering what I've accepted over the past few years from Sideshow for a couple hundred less.
Man, I agree.

Just got my Sideshow GL, VISION AND IVY and they are all painted like sh!t. Very disappointed.

I do think the Honey Trap price is to "high" but I feel if the quality is the same as the sucker punch line, I can live with that price.

At this point in my collecting career I'm gonna thin a lot of stuff out and keep the high end stuff.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #628
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Man, I agree.

Just got my Sideshow GL, VISION AND IVY and they are all painted like sh!t. Very disappointed.

I do think the Honey Trap price is to "high" but I feel if the quality is the same as the sucker punch line, I can live with that price.

At this point in my collecting career I'm gonna thin a lot of stuff out and keep the high end stuff.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm tired of accepting sub-par paint apps, damaged, broken and/or missing parts with my statues. Its really turned me off of the hobby as of late. I experienced none of this with the 5 Sucker Punch girls GG produced. Those arrived EXACTLY as solicited and even exceeded my personal expectations, so I have faith the Honey Trap line will be no different.

That being said the price is still WAY high. Unless the other girls are $100 less I don't see me buying anything more than the Whisper variant based on what we've seen so far.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #629
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Shame. Too high for me. I'm out.
victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #630
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

The way I'v been feeling about SS stuff. Im 50/50... Im very picky. I do love the stuff i received, it has been great. No issues. Or i just picked the right one's. GG Samurai was not a knock out the park, so im kinda on the fence about Whisper. But the samurai is a rare statue i do not think anyone else will tackle. So I'm happy with him. Even thou he a fragile mo fo.

The Whisper same boat rare. Unless someone take on the challenge. But for me to be a scuba diver in training it hard to pass up. Plus Q2 of 2014. Long while to change my mind. But dont think i will. And I'm not into the red. Price wow, way out of scope but if you have someone do a custom statue you are going to be paying the same price. Read the other forums and see. So it a order for me. Guess it a Texas thing we always go BIG..

Also for this price and comic con coming some people are going to get 2 great statue for the price and i be on the side line waiting for pic from them also. So this is why i love this hobby everyone kinda work together. But i have to agree, Im close to hanging it up. Unless i sell some. It will be hard because i bought these because i like them allot, not because of popularity of the character. But only time will tell...
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote