Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #61
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Not necessarily. They are essentially positioning themselves at the boutique statue retailers.

There's no arguing that they charge a premium but the debate centers on whether that premium can be justified.

I own quite a few ECC and Cinemaquette pieces. Without a doubt their pieces are always top of the line in quality withi essentially prototype level quality most of the time. It's very hard to find any fault unless you are really nitpicking. Also the packaging is superb and the customer service top notch. Not sure if this is still the case but I used to be able to chat with George Sohn about his company, philosophy, and products. That's amazing? The guy is CEO of Toynami but still picks up the phone to chat, argue, and discuss with passion his products. There is just nothing else like it.

ECC is one of only two companies (the other is PRIME 1) who regularly and routinely uses translucent resin in their products. And they use it in a quantity that is second to none. In person, translucent resin is amazing when properly painted and mixed with real hair/fur/clothes. It essentially takes the place of platinum silicone as the standard by which a piece can be brought to life.

It's a game changer and head and shoulders above what any other statue company can deliver.

So the size, the quality, the packaging, the customer service, the innovation . . .it's all there to justify their 2000 dolllar price tag.

Wife just bought a small Louis Vuitton handbag for 2500. I don't think they have a handbag that starts below 2k. Their wallets go from 500 dolllars. I look at the bag and it's just perfectly made. Every stitch, every detail is in place and of course the finest leather. But obviously there is no way it's 2k. The LV is what add that extra 500 to 600 dollar premium and everything that comes with the experience of shopping for one.

ECC is basically Louis Vuitton of statue collectibles. Whatever they put out lately is the Rolls Royce of that character.

I buy LOTS Iron Man products but best Iron Man statue of all time is still Cinemaquette's Iron Man. Many feel the ECC Hulk is best Hulk ever made.

The 1:1 Medusa bust just destroys all Medusa statues put next to it. There is close to 40 pounds of translucent resin in that bust . . . Insane.

You can bet this Gremlins piece will be best Mowgli ever made and that base with the melted Gremlin in translucent resin, the light up fire arrow, the real fur, the glass eyes . . . This is going to be epic.

I'm on the fence because frankly I just don't care about Gremlins all that much but when I buy a ECC piece, I buy with zero worries about final product. I know it will meet or more often than not exceed my expectations.

And yes for that I am willing to pay a very high premium.

So I don't think it's crazy at all to collect only ECC.
I'm not discounting ECC's quality, I'm not saying this won't be the best Gizmo ever.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm entitled to my opinion that I think collecting only ECC (or ANY one company for that matter) is idiotic and foolish.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #62
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Sorry. Shogun got there before.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #63
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I don't think anyone's doubting that the ecc products released so far are worth the price, the ones I own are worth every penny. But this particular piece is overpriced plain and simple, their products always get the woah factor on the price tag but people can at least see why they cost so much. This is the only piece released so far that has had such a negative reaction on the price (not so much a woah more of a wtf!) even from the people that actively collect ecc pieces.

Agreed. It looks absolutely fabulous and ECC will surely provide the close to prototype quality nonetheless I feel this started to become a bit unrealistic when it comes to prices. Let's not forget that these pieces are mass produced (even though they are limited in number) and not artist-proof. For this amount of money one can commission an artist to create something, maybe not a Gizmo but that's not the point. I'd love to be one of those fellows collecting only ECC and it's not about the money, but I have certain rules when it comes to collecting so it's not taking over my life.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #64
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I'm not discounting ECC's quality, I'm not saying this won't be the best Gizmo ever.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm entitled to my opinion that I think collecting only ECC (or ANY one company for that matter) is idiotic and foolish.
What if your a Steve Wang Fan ?
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #65
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
What if your a Steve Wang Fan ?
Steve Wang is a boss. Dude knows what's what.

I've been collecting long enough that ones collecting habits do change and morph over the years.

My opinion is one that I don't know why anyone would want to limit themselves to ONE sole collectible company. I DO agree if there was one company to limit themself too, a strong argument could be made that ECC is the "collectors choice"

I feel exclusively collecting one company limits the individual and puts unnecessary constraints on ones desire to own cool, fun pieces, even of they are not viewed or literally defined as Elite Creature collectibles.

Everyone is different and there no wrong way to collect even those jabronis that purchase duplicates and all the variants of the same damn statue, it makes them happy..not something I would but it's not my collection, right?

In the end, he who dies with the most toys wins so why limit yourself to one company?

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #66
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Steve Wang is a boss. Dude knows what's what.

I've been collecting long enough that ones collecting habits do change and morph over the years.

My opinion is one that I don't know why anyone would want to limit themselves to ONE sole collectible company. I DO agree if there was one company to limit themself too, a strong argument could be made that ECC is the "collectors choice"

I feel exclusively collecting one company limits the individual and puts unnecessary constraints on ones desire to own cool, fun pieces, even of they are not viewed or literally defined as Elite Creature collectibles.

Everyone is different and there no wrong way to collect even those jabronis that purchase duplicates and all the variants of the same damn statue, it makes them happy..not something I would but it's not my collection, right?

In the end, he who dies with the most toys wins so why limit yourself to one company?

Fair enough, im for collect what makes you happy.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #67
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
You can bet this Gremlins piece will be best Mowgli ever made

I'd rather have the best Mogwai ever made.

Sorry about that. It just made me smile.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #68
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Not necessarily. They are essentially positioning themselves at the boutique statue retailers.

There's no arguing that they charge a premium but the debate centers on whether that premium can be justified.

I own quite a few ECC and Cinemaquette pieces. Without a doubt their pieces are always top of the line in quality withi essentially prototype level quality most of the time. It's very hard to find any fault unless you are really nitpicking. Also the packaging is superb and the customer service top notch. Not sure if this is still the case but I used to be able to chat with George Sohn about his company, philosophy, and products. That's amazing? The guy is CEO of Toynami but still picks up the phone to chat, argue, and discuss with passion his products. There is just nothing else like it.

ECC is one of only two companies (the other is PRIME 1) who regularly and routinely uses translucent resin in their products. And they use it in a quantity that is second to none. In person, translucent resin is amazing when properly painted and mixed with real hair/fur/clothes. It essentially takes the place of platinum silicone as the standard by which a piece can be brought to life.

It's a game changer and head and shoulders above what any other statue company can deliver.

So the size, the quality, the packaging, the customer service, the innovation . . .it's all there to justify their 2000 dolllar price tag.

Wife just bought a small Louis Vuitton handbag for 2500. I don't think they have a handbag that starts below 2k. Their wallets go from 500 dolllars. I look at the bag and it's just perfectly made. Every stitch, every detail is in place and of course the finest leather. But obviously there is no way it's 2k. The LV is what add that extra 500 to 600 dollar premium and everything that comes with the experience of shopping for one.

ECC is basically Louis Vuitton of statue collectibles. Whatever they put out lately is the Rolls Royce of that character.

I buy LOTS Iron Man products but best Iron Man statue of all time is still Cinemaquette's Iron Man. Many feel the ECC Hulk is best Hulk ever made.

The 1:1 Medusa bust just destroys all Medusa statues put next to it. There is close to 40 pounds of translucent resin in that bust . . . Insane.

You can bet this Gremlins piece will be best Mowgli ever made and that base with the melted Gremlin in translucent resin, the light up fire arrow, the real fur, the glass eyes . . . This is going to be epic.

I'm on the fence because frankly I just don't care about Gremlins all that much but when I buy a ECC piece, I buy with zero worries about final product. I know it will meet or more often than not exceed my expectations.

And yes for that I am willing to pay a very high premium.

So I don't think it's crazy at all to collect only ECC.
High five friend !
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #69
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I don't think anyone's doubting that the ecc products released so far are worth the price, the ones I own are worth every penny. But this particular piece is overpriced plain and simple, their products always get the woah factor on the price tag but people can at least see why they cost so much. This is the only piece released so far that has had such a negative reaction on the price (not so much a woah more of a wtf!) even from the people that actively collect ecc pieces.
Heard people on forums and groups that the Guyver Unit is also overpriced Smh •___________• .
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #70
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

The shipping is definitely overpriced on that damn thing.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote