Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-18-2017, 05:43 PM   #111
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Prime 1 doesn't need to do a half scale comic Batman. They've already got a 1/3 DKR and a Jim Lee/Hush on the way.
Yep, and they Probably thought the 1/2 scale BvS was striking while the Iron was hot but those might sell out by the end of this year...maybe.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #112
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Can't argue with that.
This is the part of statue collecting most people don't want to hear about, the business part. Sure there's characters we all want, me and you were talking about Nightwing over Batwoman yesterday. But I get why the make certain characters in certain scales and not others.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #113
BurningRage
Inhumans

Joker, Darkseid, Catwoman and possibly Harley are the only DC villains they could make at this scale.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #114
COI

I would love to see them take another stab at a Catwoman.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #115
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
SS been at 1/2 scale for a while now. Prime 1 thrives at 1/3 or bigger statues...that is their specialty. It's SS that has to step their game up...especially with the poor quality 1:2 statues that have already been done in the past.
Could've fooled me. A handful of Star Wars, some Busts and an Iron-man family.

I said DC. The only people putting out quality DC at 1/2 scale is Prime 1.

Competition drives quality. My comment about Prime 1 keeping their A-game up was an acknowledgement of their game being 'A'. I have the 1/3 TDKR on PO, but I'd do some very serious collection re-organizing for some Classic DC 1/2 Scales.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #116
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Okay and your point being that a few people on the forum that pick one Character over Batman means anything compared to raw sales numbers?

This is the truth, Batman is the highest selling comic book character of all time when it comes to just about everything. It's numbers, not personal preference, not lopsided, nada, it's math. Those numbers I showed you were just to illustrate a point. If put Rhino up against Poison ivy who do you think sold more? Poison Ivy.

If I told you Rhino was $400 and Bane was $700 who do you think would have the lower sales? You'd probably say Bane. But fact is Bane's EX ES which is sold out already Equals Rhino's total ES, So Bane will Outsell Rhino.

Now Doc Ock might sell some statues, and I have no idea why he hasn't been made at 1/4, but at Half Scale, you go with the sure bet 9 times out of 10.
No...quite the opposite. I'm saying there are more people outside the forum that would prefer other characters over Batman. Doesn't mean they are more popular than Batman. This is not what I am talking about. It's not about who is most popular. You or I don't know squat about SS selling numbers. Last I checked you can still get most SS Batman statues they have made. It's not like they were flying off the shelves in a week.

Bane vs. Rhino....I would say in the grand scheme of things Bane should outsell Rhino because he is a more popular character. That's 1st point. Secondly, IMO Bane is just a better looking statue. A damn fine representation of the character IMO...right up there with Lobo. As for Poison Ivy, of course I think PI would sell more than Rhino in any format because she is more popular and also....T&A.

Keep in mind...at 3K a pop (more than likely), 1:2 Batman statues are not going to be flying off the shelves like a 1:4 would...and even then...1:4 takes a while to sell through.

Also, I am not saying Batman should not have been done as a 1:2...but it doesn't always have to be him first. There are others. In fact...last I remember seeing online...Superman and Mario had the two most iconic or recognized symbols around the world...Superman S symbol and Mario jumping. Batman is up there sure...and is probably more popular in terms of merchandise across the board...but don't sit up here and say Superman wouldnt sell...or Thor...or Captain America....or Gambit for that matter and he isn't as popular as the other three I just mentioned.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #117
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yeah, and that GL Life Size Bust that had to put on sale at 20% off and Double Rewards to get it move on an ES of 350. I know, that's when I bought mine. Why do you think we haven't seen another DC Life Size bust since?
Because they don't sell. They did Batman too and Superman...how long did it take to sell out of those? Months? A year even?
Old 07-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #118
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Could've fooled me. A handful of Star Wars, some Busts and an Iron-man family.

I said DC. The only people putting out quality DC at 1/2 scale is Prime 1.

Competition drives quality. My comment about Prime 1 keeping their A-game up was an acknowledgement of their game being 'A'. I have the 1/3 TDKR on PO, but I'd do some very serious collection re-organizing for some Classic DC 1/2 Scales.
They also did Avatar, Wolverine, Doom.

I think we are on the same wavelength with Prime 1 A game with bigger scales. I think where you missed my point was that SS hasn't had the same level of quality as Prime 1 1:2 when they have done them. So...SS has to step up their game. Prime 1 doesn't have to worry about SS in that department. Even if this Batman is stupid awesome...I don't see it affecting Prime 1 in the slightest.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #119
COI

This discussion is all over the place.

There are tons of factors that make something sell over something else. Character popularity is one thing, format is one thing (lsb, lsf, pf), edition size is another, price is another, quality is another, timing of release, etc, etc.

Also, these discussions always revolve around short terms sales, pre-order sales, and EX sales. None of this stuff is gonna be as important to Sideshow as overall sales. Who cares if it takes 3 years to sell 9500 Batman PFs? They still sold 9500 Batman PFs at the end of the day. How fast the exclusive sold out is meaningless. Batman is sold out at 11,500 pieces (9500 + 2000 blue variants), but Superman is still available at 7500 pieces, and there aren't nearly as many other Superman alternatives around.

The fact that 10-20 Batmans are available is enough to speak to the popularity and demand for Batman pieces; EX pre-sales only matter to collectors who either want good flipping fodder or want to call the next OMG GRAIL JAJAJAJAJ.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:19 PM   #120
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Because they don't sell. They did Batman too and Superman...how long did it take to sell out of those? Months? A year even?
Those busts had 1500 es. Plus Batman got a variant.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote