Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-06-2019, 03:07 AM   #801
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
Rebel Terminator is made from Resin and does not feel like hard PVC at all.
Stoneresin or Polyresin?

-

I just looked on the Sideshow website, and it states neither Stone or Poly, it simply states Resin?
Since you said 'does not feel like hard PVC at all.' - i'd assume it's Polyresin

Rebel Terminator - cool looking piece, i wished i had picked up
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:21 AM   #802
schachi08
The Avengers

I do not know how far you can trust Sideshow's statements on the used material for each statue. I know that Polystone is Resin with stone powder added, but what is the difference between Resin and Polyresin?
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:26 AM   #803
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
I do not know how far you can trust Sideshow's statements on the used material for each statue. I know that Polystone is Resin with stone powder added, but what is the difference between Resin and Polyresin?
There's no Poly added?
Old 08-06-2019, 03:30 AM   #804
darren1228
Zot

Wouldn’t read too much into the whole polystone vs polyresin descriptions. They probably don’t know themselves. I think a lot of it is not decided until the factory production phase. How the prototype is constructed is not how the production will be (has to withstand shipping etc).

At this point I’d say just let it be and you’ll know when you get the statue
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #805
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Wouldn’t read too much into the whole polystone vs polyresin descriptions. They probably don’t know themselves. I think a lot of it is not decided until the factory production phase. How the prototype is constructed is not how the production will be (has to withstand shipping etc).

At this point I’d say just let it be and you’ll know when you get the statue
If the Sideshow website states Catwoman is made from Polyresin (not Polystone) i'm fully expecting Catwoman to be made from Polyresin. Given Catwoman isn't pulling some crazy X-23 type pose, i don't understand why Catwoman isn't being made from Polystone?
Old 08-06-2019, 01:05 PM   #806
built2shred
Phoenix

Polyresin one of the forms of resin materials that are especially flexible when heated. This quality makes it the ideal material to use in any instance where molds are used to great goods. Because it dries to a durable material that is virtually unbreakable, there are a number of manufacturers that choose to use this blend of polyester resin material to produce household goods, art objects and serving dishes.

One particularly popular form of polyresin is known as alabastrite. This is a blend that includes ground stone material in the mix. Alabastrite is an excellent quality choice for sculpting materials, as well as being much less expensive than most of the traditional blocks of natural stones. In fact, it is often used in the creation of decorate figurines, either by using molds or carving the figures from a block of polyresin by hand.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #807
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'm pretty sure polyresin costs more than polystone.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #808
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If the Sideshow website states Catwoman is made from Polyresin (not Polystone) i'm fully expecting Catwoman to be made from Polyresin. Given Catwoman isn't pulling some crazy X-23 type pose, i don't understand why Catwoman isn't being made from Polystone?
Yet Rogue is light as hell, in a crazy pose and polystone.
Magneto is "Resin" which is the same as Swamp Thing (I have Magneto and he is not light or PVC like).

I’ll say it again...there is no consistency in the descriptions and you guys are looking too hard into this.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #809
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Two main reasons. First, I haven't been too impressed with most of their DC pieces lately, especially pieces like the new Harley and Poison Ivy.

That got me to the second point where I decided to (earlier this year) dive into some of the P1 Arkham pieces. I love them so much, I'm now skipping all SS DC pieces and sticking with my P1's and a bunch of the new Tweeterhead Super Powers pieces.

I am with you on those tweeter head pieces. The scale is kind of where I am thinking about shifting too and the quality is just as good as some of the other brands.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:29 PM   #810
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Magneto is "Resin" which is the same as Swamp Thing (I have Magneto and he is not light or PVC like).
Swampy is vinyl. His base is polyresin.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote