Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-27-2024, 02:35 PM   #451
AC_808
Hercules

The SSC Deathstroke PF?

....IMO, they keep making the wrong version. They should give the classic version a try.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:26 AM   #452
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The SSC Deathstroke PF?

....IMO, they keep making the wrong version. They should give the classic version a try.

Hopefully, Tweeterhead releases a classic Perez Deathstroke in 1/6 & 1/4 scale since sideshow stubbornly refuses to do so.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:12 PM   #453
AC_808
Hercules

Yup. Waiting on TweeterHead as well.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:30 AM   #454
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
The SSC Deathstroke PF?

I don't doubt your passion for Perez, but i googled pics of his version, & for me, I just don't see it.

But, I could be wrong, so prove it, & not by hijacking every other thread, but instead...............

Why not start a thread dedicated to Perez, and have the collectors out there put their money where their mouths are?

Have you/them sign off and show a true commitment, and if there is viable numbers maybe Sideshow will take notice & listen?

I don't know if it's ever been done, but times have changed, and I would be very interested in the results/outcome?

Good luck.

P.S. As for this Darksied still floating aimlessly? An affront, a shame, a pity. Deserved way better from the collecting community.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:00 PM   #455
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I don't doubt your passion for Perez, but i googled pics of his version, & for me, I just don't see it.

But, I could be wrong, so prove it, & not by hijacking every other thread, but instead...............

Why not start a thread dedicated to Perez, and have the collectors out there put their money where their mouths are?

Have you/them sign off and show a true commitment, and if there is viable numbers maybe Sideshow will take notice & listen?

I don't know if it's ever been done, but times have changed, and I would be very interested in the results/outcome?

Good luck.

P.S. As for this Darksied still floating aimlessly? An affront, a shame, a pity. Deserved way better from the collecting community.

Wasn't hijacking the thread, Divo. Was responding to your post. You changed the subject by mentioning the Deathstroke PF. I included your post and my response below.

Quote:
That price is robbery, assault, & battery! Though the paint lacks a little depth, the sculpt captures that classic vibe beautifully. This work deserved more.

P.S. Even more concerning is the fate of Deathstroke, as he's still in stock? WTF?
Quote:
The SSC Deathstroke PF?

Anyway ...matter of opinion and preference. You don't like Perez's version of Deathstroke, but others do. Not just me, mind you.

It's not a hijack when there's only 3 posters going off topic. Your post first, mine next, then FJC. Nothing major.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:34 PM   #456
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Wasn't hijacking the thread, Divo. Was responding to your post. You changed the subject by mentioning the Deathstroke PF. I included your post and my response below.

Anyway ...matter of opinion and preference. You don't like Perez's version of Deathstroke, but others do. Not just me, mind you.

It's not a hijack when there's only 3 posters going off topic. Your post first, mine next, then FJC. Nothing major.

No, I was referring to you and others hijacking Canale's thread/version with this Perez obsession/perversion.

Again, if yourself and many more are absolutely sure that this is a wanted/sought after sculpt? Then go for it, in a more honourable way. Start a Perez thread, full steam ahead, & maybe the grand experiment will start a new guiding/ordering trend?

But when you flood a perfectly great Canale sculpt thread with personal dreads, constantly? That's insulting, a form of trolling, hijacking, and at best a distant guess, because to my knowledge no other company has made a Perez? I don't have to wonder why, do you?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 02:31 PM   #457
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
No, I was referring to you and others hijacking Canale's thread/version with this Perez obsession/perversion.

Again, if yourself and many more are absolutely sure that this is a wanted/sought after sculpt? Then go for it, in a more honourable way. Start a Perez thread, full steam ahead, & maybe the grand experiment will start a new guiding/ordering trend?

But when you flood a perfectly great Canale sculpt thread with personal dreads, constantly? That's insulting, a form of trolling, hijacking, and at best a distant guess, because to my knowledge no other company has made a Perez? I don't have to wonder why, do you?
Please, that abomination called the Deathstroker PF was sideshow's lame attempt at a slightly modernized Perez Deathstroke and it's sold out. The new PF hasn't. Did anyone even ask for that version? I wonder why?
Old 04-02-2024, 02:40 PM   #458
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Please, that abomination called the Deathstroker PF
Is this the infamous "Deathstroker" PF?

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:08 PM   #459
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Is this the infamous "Deathstroker" PF?

Yes. Sideshow originally labeled it the Deathstroker PF before they corrected it later. They should've just left it as Deathstroker. It's obviously supposed to be a modern take on Perez's Deathstroke. It's really just a bastardized version of it.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:32 PM   #460
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yes. Sideshow originally labeled it the Deathstroker PF before they corrected it later. They should've just left it as Deathstroker. It's obviously supposed to be a modern take on Perez's Deathstroke. It's really just a bastardized version of it.
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't stick with the original name and design, it would've been a better homage to Perez's Deathstroke.
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote