Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2023, 11:14 PM   #1
ThomasJameson
Doh!

Unforgettable FM Radio Journey A World of Endless Sound Exploration!

I recently embarked on an exciting adventure that I will remember forever my journey into the limitless world of sound via fm radio It was an incredible experience and I want to share it with all of you.

The best part is that everything is just a push of a button away and I have endless entertainment. It's a real joy to explore the diverse world of radio. I discovered music from different genres, exciting talk shows and even local shows that introduced me to the rich cultural diversity of our region.

The surprise factor when you accidentally hear new songs or have exciting discussions is unmatched. There's also a sense of community that comes from knowing you're pursuing something that countless others enjoy at the same time. I find that FM radio has a unique appeal that streaming services just can't replicate.

Not to mention, the thrill of manually scanning different channels and sometimes even finding unknown frequencies added an element of adventure to my everyday life.

I can't wait to continue my journey and discover more hidden gems on air. So if you haven't explored the world of FM radio recently, I highly recommend you give it a try. It's a nostalgic yet refreshing experience that's sure to put a smile on your face.
ThomasJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:05 AM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

Along with FM there is MW, although MW is slowly dying out.

My digital radio is set to MW and tuned to Radio Caroline
Radio Caroline plays classics and stuff from time to time i have never heard of. Every time a track catches my attention i find myself Googling 'Radio Caroline Todays Playlist' followed by locating the track on YouTube

Thanks to Radio Caroline, last week i discovered an Irish artist named Perry Blake. Seems he has been around for a while.
The track in question is called The Hunchback Of San Francisco (1998) https://youtu.be/FV_9Zd9vbmg?si=HBjReDM-5x7pAHSP

Strangely enough, the music video appears to have been filmed in London, UK

Before you know it, i was on Amazon and hitting the buy button.
Perry Blake - Double vinyl

LOADING: Image(s)

Product description
Released for the first time on vinyl, Perry Blake's critically acclaimed, self-titled debut album is released with 3
stunning bonus tracks, Killing Time, Ulysses The Sorrow of Spring. Perry Blake is a deep and complex album,
full of dark melancholic masterpieces that is a swirl of deep, emotional and haunting vocals,
which gained him an abundance of 5 star reviews across the UK & Europe. With his first 2 singles from this album,
'The Hunchback of San Francisco' and 'Genevieve' were Jo Whiley singles of the week on BBC Radio 1 in the UK.
This special limited edition release comes on Double Red and Gold vinyl, unseen photos,
plus updated sleeve notes from Perry.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote