Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #111
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
XM's is on a different level.

But is it $300-400 (or whatever insane price XM will charge) better? I'd say no.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #112
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
XM's is on a different level.

You say that like it's a good thing.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #113
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
You say that like it's a good thing.
You can find 20 GL statues that look exactly like the TH version if you just do a basic google search. The XM version is trying something different, and I think it's spectacular. If you're just seeking a museum pose GL then you already had many options.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #114
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I like both. The Tweeterhead is great for a traditional more museum pose. XM is great for a more dynamic action pose. I will always go dynamic over museum anyday. I appreciate statues that represent the powers or abilities of the character made. Hulk = smashing / super strength; Spiderman = swinging / shooting web shooter / agility; DD = gymnastic movements; Superman = flying / heat vision / cold breath / super strength, etc. etc. etc.

This is why I appreciate XM so much.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #115
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

XM GL is indeed more bad azz, but I fear it will cost twice as much as the TH. I ordered the EX from TH which gives you more switchouts and was $275. If the XM is priced reasonably, I'll get it too, especially since they're doing Jessica Cruz. I'm just happy both companies are giving us so many great characters.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #116
built2shred
Phoenix

XM should consider other materials to get that more translucent look.. I know they want to stick only to cold cast porcelain but sometimes you have to break your own rules to get that proper look
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #117
Khufu
Mephisto

I'm the ultimate XM fanboy, but the Tweeterhead version is straight money. Space saving, perfect construct color/translucence - the perfect Super Powers version.

The XM one is really nice, but the construct color is killing it for me - just like the last 1-2 Sideshow GL statues...
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #118
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I love the Tweeterhead GL. I had high hopes for XM's, but it looks like an action figure with a plastic battle accessory to me.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #119
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

I'm disappointed in the XM version on so many levels. The colors are just bad. The translucent green on Tweeterheads is so much better. But for me I wonder what the hell is wrong with a simple ring generated fist? I mean how often did Hal generate this kind of fire power? I ordered the tweeterhead but my favorite Green Lantern ever is the DC Designer Series Ivan Reis Green Lantern. The figure and head sculpt are perfect. Still hope someday to get one forming a fist. A sixth scale that is. I've seen the custom from the phillipines and it's cool but to large for my tastes and subsequent shelf space.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #120
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Well i'm glad someone said it before me,or GrumpyBear would have been in a hissy with me again ..the Green Lantern battle accessory does look VERY plastic-like.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the latest reveal...a disappointing anti-climax to what I was expecting.

The original video XM posted from their work studio months ago showed the battle accessory looking much nicer then IMO.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote