Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Welcome to the forum. Fantastic collection, thanks for sharing.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
Blastomussa
Frackin!

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I try to limit myself to quality rather than quantity as far as my art goes. I've trimmed off a lot of the fat over the past few years, and kept what I felt were only the best pieces. I've also found that with the prices steadily increasing across the board (from commissions to published art), it's necessary to sell older stuff before you can buy new stuff.

As for the Crystal and Mr. Fantastic Adam Hughes piece, I got it during the time when all you needed to get a sketch was a dealer's badge. Times have changed though. As for his new marker pieces, I don't think they could ever compare to his pencil only sketches.

-Bill
Blastomussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Welcome to the Forum! Absolutely love the Noto Bond piece. He really does Bond justice in that one.
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #14
Royd
Producer
Producer

I must admit that I feel the same way about Adam's pencil pieces. While his marker pieces look superb and he can achieve some cool effects with the markers, I prefer the pencil.

Thankfully, most of my AH! collection is "old school" pencil http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=303

Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastomussa View Post
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I try to limit myself to quality rather than quantity as far as my art goes. I've trimmed off a lot of the fat over the past few years, and kept what I felt were only the best pieces. I've also found that with the prices steadily increasing across the board (from commissions to published art), it's necessary to sell older stuff before you can buy new stuff.

As for the Crystal and Mr. Fantastic Adam Hughes piece, I got it during the time when all you needed to get a sketch was a dealer's badge. Times have changed though. As for his new marker pieces, I don't think they could ever compare to his pencil only sketches.

-Bill
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
Blastomussa
Frackin!

Hey Royd...to me, there's no comparison. The pencils are just so much nicer, and then you could also have them inked by Karl, as I did with my Enchantress piece. One time I tried saying that the pencils were nicer on the hughesfans group, and it would seem that it is not the popular opinion over there

As for Wookie...I totally agree, Phil always does a great Connery likeness!

And if anyone was interested in the Electra painting I was selling for Phil, I'm sorry but it's now sold.

-Bill
Blastomussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Underdog07
Hercules

really nice stuff Bill
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #17
Royd
Producer
Producer

Yeah, there have been times when opinions have been strongly voiced at the group, however, I always step in if it gets too strident so that it stays friendly. Hopefully, it didn't reach that level

As for Phil, I meant to say congrats on handling the sale of his work! He is such a nice guy and it was great to see him at SDCC this year. I remember meeting him in 2002 when we went back to his hotel to have a look at some of the work he had for sale and I asked him what his asking price was for a Black Canary pencil piece.

Phil said "Ummm, $60.00...no...$40.00....no....how about..." at which point I stopped him before he gave it away and paid him the $60.00 - LOL! Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastomussa View Post
Hey Royd...to me, there's no comparison. The pencils are just so much nicer, and then you could also have them inked by Karl, as I did with my Enchantress piece. One time I tried saying that the pencils were nicer on the hughesfans group, and it would seem that it is not the popular opinion over there

As for Wookie...I totally agree, Phil always does a great Connery likeness!

And if anyone was interested in the Electra painting I was selling for Phil, I'm sorry but it's now sold.

-Bill
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum - thanks for sharing your fantastic collection.

The Adams catwoman 2 is superb!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

'bout time you signed up chumpo!!
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote