Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #1111
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

"Next week, the long-awaited Male 1:1 Velociraptor Bust from The Lost World: Jurassic Park will be up for pre-order on Friday, February 9th. The Velociraptor Bust was featured at San Diego ComicCon 2016 next to the Female Bust that will be shipping in a few weeks. While these busts are the size a small refrigerator, they are absolutely stunning and make a perfect display for any Jurassic Park fan."

wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #1112
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yep...i got that email too.....dammit
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #1113
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post
"Next week, the long-awaited Male 1:1 Velociraptor Bust from The Lost World: Jurassic Park will be up for pre-order on Friday, February 9th. The Velociraptor Bust was featured at San Diego ComicCon 2016 next to the Female Bust that will be shipping in a few weeks. While these busts are the size a small refrigerator, they are absolutely stunning and make a perfect display for any Jurassic Park fan."

FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #1114
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Awesome news, I missed the JP Raptor bust. Second chance also the faux bronze rex is a great item and a very reasonable price!
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #1115
azurepred
Zot

pretty aggravated they said they were NOT going to make that bust when this one went up for order, and now all of a sudden a change of heart. I wouldn't have ordered this current bust if we knew this info. Thanks CC
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:13 PM   #1116
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post

Yes! I've been thoroughly impressed with the female. I can't wait to see the males final production!

As for the Dilo discussion. I'd prefer no frill, but I feel with frill would be more iconic and a better selling point.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #1117
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Definitely grabbing this one to go with my female bust gonna look epic together
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:47 PM   #1118
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

As long as we get glass/acrylic eyes for the male bust - the painted eyes on Paul's prototype look a little "off". (I'm sure we will, right?)
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:00 PM   #1119
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
pretty aggravated they said they were NOT going to make that bust when this one went up for order, and now all of a sudden a change of heart. I wouldn't have ordered this current bust if we knew this info. Thanks CC
I get they wanted to feel out the demand before comitting to two busts. Clearly the raptors are a huge hit. If you really don't want the original JP bust perhaps they would make a one time exception. Maybe transfer the money over to the JP2 bust. Otherwise I'm sure you could sell the JP bust down the road. It is sold out so it shouldn't be too difficult. I think you should get both. They look awesome back to back.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM   #1120
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
I get they wanted to feel out the demand before comitting to two busts. Clearly the raptors are a huge hit. If you really don't want the original JP bust perhaps they would make a one time exception. Maybe transfer the money over to the JP2 bust. Otherwise I'm sure you could sell the JP bust down the road. It is sold out so it shouldn't be too difficult. I think you should get both. They look awesome back to back.
Last that was said was no matter what no more busts. They had initially said if they sold out before shipping they would do the 2nd one, but then later said there was no 2nd bust coming either way so I can understand APs frustration.

I still want them to do the new version in JP1 paint scheme too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote