Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #11
Mister H
Gen 13

As far as DC goes, I'm waiting to hear news on the Telltale Batman from Prime 1 and the full reveal of the SS 1/4 Batman. Would love the SS Supes or the Tweeterhead Supes but I probably won't have the room for either.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #12
adee
Green Arrow

For the first time in a long time I have nothing on pre order except for the Iron Studios Penguin.

I think I may try and stay away from POs this year and get stuff as it comes out but the new SS Wonder Woman PF has me intrigued. Looking forward to seeing her this week.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
For the first time in a long time I have nothing on pre order except for the Iron Studios Penguin.

I think I may try and stay away from POs this year and get stuff as it comes out but the new SS Wonder Woman PF has me intrigued. Looking forward to seeing her this week.
Pre orders are based on trust and track record. I feel okay in a given line doing it, but if it is new or expensive I am hesitant to drop $400+ based on prototype pictures.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #14
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Pre orders are based on trust and track record. I feel okay in a given line doing it, but if it is new or expensive I am hesitant to drop $400+ based on prototype pictures.
Honestly I have had lots of luck in my POs and very few complaints. My decision to stop pre ordering has more to do with the state of the hobby than the quality of the product. There is so much out there right now I feel like I can be very selective and even go back to get older stuff I've always wanted. The new stuff will always be there because of the quantities they're making.

I do have points and Thanos points coming so I will make a SS PO this year. Just deciding if it will be Wolverine or Wonder Woman. It's close right now.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #15
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Honestly I have had lots of luck in my POs and very few complaints. My decision to stop pre ordering has more to do with the state of the hobby than the quality of the product. There is so much out there right now I feel like I can be very selective and even go back to get older stuff I've always wanted. The new stuff will always be there because of the quantities they're making.

I do have points and Thanos points coming so I will make a SS PO this year. Just deciding if it will be Wolverine or Wonder Woman. It's close right now.
Yeah, certain characters that have many options can hold off more. I do think that new Wonder Woman could be brilliant.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #16
Mister H
Gen 13

I’m waiting for in hand pics before I order. As mentioned before, there’s just so many in edition sizes now. It will be 2019 before I actually buy anything anyway (DC related)...except maybe that new Bolland Batman.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #17
brianjofa4975
Fantastic Four

Looking most forward to XM Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Batgirl. Also, Sidehow Wonmder Woman PF.

After these, I'll be out of money!
brianjofa4975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #18
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjofa4975 View Post
Looking most forward to XM Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Batgirl. Also, Sidehow Wonmder Woman PF.

After these, I'll be out of money!
Feel free to post images. I have not seen the XM Batgirl so I'm curious.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #19
brianjofa4975
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Feel free to post images. I have not seen the XM Batgirl so I'm curious.
Here's a youtube link. Looks awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXOeuea9P4
brianjofa4975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #20
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjofa4975 View Post
Here's a youtube link. Looks awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXOeuea9P4
My first reaction was "That look incredible!" and then I saw the base and made me rethink it. I'd prefer something much simpler and would guess that would help a bit with cost.