Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-25-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
AlanJG1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Slight Change in Direction for Super Powers Line

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share a few posts I saw today on Facebook:

Quote:
Chad Colebank: Hey folks… We are definitely not abandoning the superpowers line, although we are just no longer calling it super powers so it gives us more opportunity to expand the DC Universe. Just to be clear… The characters you are waiting for more coming, the boxes are the only thing changing.
Quote:
So does that mean there will be an 80s spandex Flash and Aquaman or the modern look?
Quote:
Chad Colebank: They will absolutely be classic interpretations of those characters
Personally I am glad that we will still see a classic Flash. I really dislike that chin strap.

Please note the following is just speculation:
I guess this does give Chad an opportunity to branch out like he did with the Dark Knight. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jim Lee Batman (even though I have the Batman in Batcave on preorder) or an Alex Ross Superman. Maybe even some Justice Society members.
AlanJG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #2
stingermck
Frackin!

This has been discussed heavily in the poison ivy thread. I dont know if a mod can move those post here?

Honestly I can't trust that the Flash will be pure retro. In the short time I have been following the company there have been a lot of promises made, and looks like that has been the case for awhile.

Its hard for me to understand we are I believe 17 SP statues in and no Flash or Aquaman yet. One character who has been on TV for years and another with a billion dollar movie. It should have happened now.

Most of us have been waiting this weekend for Flash to finally be revealed. Instead we got a couple of tease shots, a thundercats logo and some very unclear news of their flagship line.

What a difference a few days makes.
stingermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #3
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

this was brought up in another thread and I am glad it's own thread was started. Since Chad is now doing a "DC Line" instead of just the "SuperPowers" era (1977 to 1985), it really does open up alot more characters. A Kyle Rayner/Green Statue, Aquaman in his Peter David Era outfit, Stargirl, Sandman, Death etc. I think this can be a good thing and the only bad thing is that it might take a little longer to get to you favorite character from the SuperPowers era.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingermck View Post

Honestly I can't trust that the Flash will be pure retro. In the short time I have been following the company there have been a lot of promises made, and looks like that has been the case for awhile.

Its hard for me to understand we are I believe 17 SP statues in and no Flash or Aquaman yet. One character who has been on TV for years and another with a billion dollar movie. It should have happened now.
I do remember on a video that they were working to get Flash right. I do not know if the design is finalized but I would hope that both of those characters would be soon on the list available for pre-order.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
this was brought up in another thread and I am glad it's own thread was started. Since Chad is now doing a "DC Line" instead of just the "SuperPowers" era (1977 to 1985), it really does open up alot more characters. A Kyle Rayner/Green Statue, Aquaman in his Peter David Era outfit, Stargirl, Sandman, Death etc. I think this can be a good thing and the only bad thing is that it might take a little longer to get to you favorite character from the SuperPowers era.
I don't know why they couldn't continue to use the "Super Powers" label for the retro-type pieces. It'd be like how they had the Batman "Classics" line. Either way, I find this news very troubling. As a "Super Powers" only collector, seems like now I'm going to have to wait even longer for pieces, while others take up the slots they could've/should've had.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #6
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Doesn't make much sense considering the first character in the line was Harley Quinn.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:35 PM   #7
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I just Googled the card back from an original Kenner Super Powers Collection figure and it states that Super Powers is a registered trademark of DC. So there should be any conflict with Hasbro. Maybe DC withdrew the use of Super Powers Collection so it could be used be someone else. Does seem to affect Tweeterheads license for which figure designs they can do.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:28 AM   #8
DarkLantern
Justice League

I'm going to wait to pass judgement until I see some pieces revealed. No use worrying until we see something. If they keep some characters retro but also expand the scope of the line so we can get characters we wouldn't have been able to other wise (i.e. Red Hood, Lobo, Batman who Laughs) I will be a happy man.
DarkLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:36 AM   #9
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

People need to stop jumping to conclusions and flipping out over every little thing. Doesn't sound like anything is changing except that they're going to broaden the range of characters--which they were basically doing anyway with Harley and Dark Knight Batman and people weren't going bat ---- crazy about them not being Super Powers characters.

A company is making amazing 1/6 DC statues at a great price. I'll check out (and probably buy) everything in the line. If there's a massive change in art direction or quality, then I'll decide on a case-by-case basis of whether or not I want it in my collection. I guess it's much easier for some people to assume the worst so they have something to ----- about. Life is too short for that bull----.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #10
Mister H
Gen 13

I just hope they do the Gotham by Gaslight Batman that was teased a while ago.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote