Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #71
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
This. Without the pervy part.

Her heels aren't that pointy or thin, so it's really okay for me.

I envy your photoshopping skills Gomur. Can you make a fully painted Rogue(including the base) in photoshop? Just so we'll see its full awesomeness!
Thanks Cranky. I'd trade all my Photoshop skills for actual sculpting or painting talent in a heartbeat tho!

I had one idea for Rogue to float a little higher on the base, but I think the statue would lose too much stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
She was beautiful indeed. Great work by Erick!

Now, on the new prototype I would like to see a smile on the classic portrait (I like the smirk on the modern one). I have no problems with the heels, but without them she would be comic accurate. As some have suggested, the belt should be a little loose to resemble Jim Lee's art spot on. After all, she is a sassy girl!
Quote:
I'm happy with the way this looks honestly. I don't mind it if she doesn't have a smirk or loose belt or that she has heels on her shoes. But I'm all for comic accuracy so, yeah let's go for it! Give us a few more reasons to love the statue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Metsu88 View Post
with the two post above me
I feel the same way as you guys. This statue is an instant buy for me AS IS. However, losing the heels, loosening the belt, and adding a smirk would make it PERFECT.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #72
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yes, add a little smirk. I think the face is pretty. Great job done!
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:34 AM   #73
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Thanks Cranky. I'd trade all my Photoshop skills for actual sculpting or painting talent in a heartbeat tho!

I had one idea for Rogue to float a little higher on the base, but I think the statue would lose too much stability.
Yes, stability is always important in my book. Needless to say, I love the way Erick made Rogue attach to the base. Yeah she's not totally floating but you can see the effect enough without sacrificing stability.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:05 AM   #74
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Yes, stability is always important in my book. Needless to say, I love the way Erick made Rogue attach to the base. Yeah she's not totally floating but you can see the effect enough without sacrificing stability.
And that is truly important. We do not want to have leaning issues later on. In my opinion, the floating effect is well represented.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #75
IMr_IRock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The short haircut doesn't bother me, but I think 95% of us probably won't display it, so rather have her hair from the 2nd portrait flow differently and with a smirk or smile on her face

Best of two portraits ppl want and I would love as well....

Now what to do with my Bowen Rogue till then
IMr_IRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #76
Alucard Dracul
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMr_IRock View Post
The short haircut doesn't bother me, but I think 95% of us probably won't display it, so rather have her hair from the 2nd portrait flow differently and with a smirk or smile on her face

Best of two portraits ppl want and I would love as well....

Now what to do with my Bowen Rogue till then
I understand you correctly, you mean two heads with long hair, one smirk and the other not?
If that's right I agree 100%
Alucard Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #77
Formula009
Birdman

I would love 2 heads with long hair, the one Koto is showing and one with a Ponytail, a look she rocks pretty often now.

And I love that she is in heels!
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #78
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Even though this one is coming out, I hope Koto can do another Rogue Bishoujo as well.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #79
Punktuation
Doh!

I prefer the curly portrait, it just shows the southern bell of rogue
Punktuation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #80
Mizukithepanda
Frackin!

Yessssssssss! Finally a new DRS Rogue. Provided she does not come out during a month where I simply can't afford it, I will be preordering this.

I must admit, I nearly choked when I saw the short-haired head. I've always been a big fan of Jim Lee's Rogue design, and I was a huge fan of the animated series back in the day, so I had my heart set on that look for the DRS Rogue. The thought that they might go for another look - even as an alternate head - simply never crossed my mind. Fortunately, her classic head is there, so I am a-okay and ready to buy.

I do have some slight issues with the sculpt - I feel like her gliding up the sentinel's hand while turned to the right with her arms in a mostly lowered position takes away from the feeling of flight and power and puts most of the focus on her heavy-looking base instead. I think if her body was angled so it looks like she's flying straight in a direction instead of resting on the sentinel, or her arms were positioned differently to give the same illusion of motion, it'd be a lot better.
Mizukithepanda is offline   Reply With Quote