Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Baseball Fans - Inquire Within.

I'm more of a NFL fan than a MLB fan, but I'll go to the occasional Giants/Dodgers game with buds, since they follow those teams... (I don't know jack about baseball stats, etc; I do, however, enjoy pick-up games, batting cages, and someone who will tousle my hair)

.. anyways.. now that that's out of the way..
This kid's amazing; hopefully a bright future in baseball awaits him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...150532859.html
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

definitely some big numbers for that age but I'm not reading into them too much. Too many players get drafted (even though this kid isn't close to being drafted) then brought up to the majors only to realize they just can't hit major league pitching. Its a whole different world from any other level from high school all the way up to AAA

see the Blue Jays for example...
Travis Snider tore it up when he played in high school hitting over .500 and led his team to a 27-0 record as well as the state championship. Drafted in the first round by the Jays and was ranked as the #4 prospect at the time. Absolutely destroyed everything along the way from A to AAA ball. Got called up to the big leagues and...looks absolutely lost at the plate 99% of the time. Demoted back to the minors and once again dominates...back up to the majors and flops around again. Now as good as the kid is, i never think he'll be an every day MLB player

hopefully we'll see more of this kid in the future as its rare to see a catcher with those numbers at that age. Good luck to him though
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I know diddly-squat about baseball...( I DO know I'm a fan of some great baseball movies, though). I just thought it was a positive article, which are rare these days, it seems.

I agree, though...it'd be nice to see his baseball talents pan out, if that's the route he decides to take.

The "only" difference between the minors and the big leagues are the pools of talent (and team budgets/draft $/etc) you're playing against, right? Field size? Some regulations? My hat's off to the Gentleman you mentioned... that had to be somewhat aggravating to be shuffled around like that.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote