Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #461
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Looks pretty cool. Though I probably wold like the chest area to be a little bigger. He's looking a little weak there.

But what's with his "package?" =). Looks like someone stuffed a sock in there? haha.

-Wei
Sexy Drawings | Sexy Statues | Sexy Art
3D Modeling
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #462
Ironman69
Doh!

My first post fellas! Here's a pic of my first and only Hot Toys figure so far. In my opinion, this is the ultimate piece for any likeness of Chris Reeve on a small scale statue form. Incredible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot Toys_Superman1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	74714  

Last edited by Ironman69; 09-24-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added picture
Ironman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #463
magonzal70
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Here's mine. Totally agree this is the definitive sculpt of Chris Reeve's Superman. Best likeness on the market hands down. My first hot toys piece. I am amazed at the quality of this sculpt!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Supes.png
Views:	59
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	74715   Click image for larger version

Name:	supes2.png
Views:	69
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	74716  
magonzal70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #464
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I just ordered a luke bespin exclusive and i am waiting for my reeve superman to arrive.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #465
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The only thing that is questionable to me is the sparkly stuff on the mixed media. Outside of that, this is an awesome 1/6 Reeve.

I am getting ready to venture into Hot Toys stuff and distance myself from 1/4 statues.

I think the first thing I am going to get is The Classics Predator 1/6 followed closely by Nick Fury Avengers and then The Predator Tracker.

Is there anything that any of you would recommend outside of these three?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #466
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The only thing that is questionable to me is the sparkly stuff on the mixed media. Outside of that, this is an awesome 1/6 Reeve.

I am getting ready to venture into Hot Toys stuff and distance myself from 1/4 statues.

I think the first thing I am going to get is The Classics Predator 1/6 followed closely by Nick Fury Avengers and then The Predator Tracker.

Is there anything that any of you would recommend outside of these three?
Hey Loric. Welcome to the World of crack.

I have a couple reccomendations. Well a few actually, but I'll narrow it down to these three:

First I recommend you get either the new Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VII or the new Batman Dark Knight Rises (DX12); or both. Both for the same reason. Hot Toys are the masters at evolving and improvising. They've done alot of Batman and Iron Figures before, and as if they haven't gotten good enough, these ones will be even better.. they both look amazing. IM MK VII has heaps of features/engineering/accuracy. As for the Batman they've had alot of practice with the suit and ths time they've really nailed it. I love the Bruce Way portrait.

Third recommendation is Jack Sparrow DX. TBH I'm not a huge fan of POTC at all. But this figure is just amazing. The portrait and mixed media will amaze you. Ko Jun (the one who sculpted the headsculpt) is one of my favourite portrait artists period. He also sculpted the Bruce Wayne for the Batman mentioned above, which also looks amazing. Funnily enough, the only one of his headsculpt I haven't been too keen on so far is the Nick Fury (his temple looks a little too bulbous - I get the impression he was really rushed on this 1 occasion though b/c of all the Avengers product they had to pump out all at once).. but yeah you can't go wrong on any figures outside of these either, their portraits, paint apps, and over-all execution is masterful - the one company with production pieces which match, if not excel (on some occasions), their prototypes
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #467
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I just ordered a luke bespin exclusive and i am waiting for my reeve superman to arrive.
I just ordered Luke bespin too couldn't pass it up! I think this will be one of their best hot toys they've ever done. If actual figure looks like prototype this will be amazing!! I have many hot toys and I want the superman figure but haven't pulled trigger!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote