Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #211
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

HOLY SH!T!!!!

The only thing bothering me is the look of the shield.

They got the Star all wrong.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #212
kirthew
Zot

Delayed until Dec
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #213
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
Delayed until Dec
Yep. I think I am cancelling my order through SS.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #214
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

so for anyone that has one, whats your final opinion on the piece? Is this version a "must have" or should I wait for version 2 sometime down the line?

I initially had this on pre-order but ended up cancelling it for the time being to give it some time to hit the market...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #215
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
so for anyone that has one, whats your final opinion on the piece? Is this version a "must have" or should I wait for version 2 sometime down the line?

I initially had this on pre-order but ended up cancelling it for the time being to give it some time to hit the market...
This figure is all kinds of cool.. it looks great.. But I do think they will release one for the new avengers movie with a more accurate portrait - they left room for improvement there, the sceptic in in me wonders if that was intentional .. though they pride themselves on having the best, so maybe not..

Anyway what it comes down to I think is how much you like the outfit.. cuz they executed the outfit so damn nicely.. look at some pics for the new avengers movie and maybe work out which outfit you like more.. if you like this 1 - then it is a must.. but if you like avengers version just as much, then I suggest wait for that one as I'm sure it will have a better portrait (it is still great, but not perfect)
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #216
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
This figure is all kinds of cool.. it looks great.. But I do think they will release one for the new avengers movie with a more accurate portrait - they left room for improvement there, the sceptic in in me wonders if that was intentional .. though they pride themselves on having the best, so maybe not..

Anyway what it comes down to I think is how much you like the outfit.. cuz they executed the outfit so damn nicely.. look at some pics for the new avengers movie and maybe work out which outfit you like more.. if you like this 1 - then it is a must.. but if you like avengers version just as much, then I suggest wait for that one as I'm sure it will have a better portrait (it is still great, but not perfect)
ya thats the bad thing...I like this costume way better than the Avengers one (as the Avengers one looks like hes wearing pyjamas), but as you mentioned the portrait in this one isn't very accurate...

what to do...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #217
wookster
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

What he said.

I finally got around to reviewing this guy, should be up soon. Here are a few pics-

wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #218
gol
The Spirit

My captain america took a 2m shelf dive, and only ended up with a very slight (dark green) scratch on the helmet. This is why I like hollow dolls, it'd be in pieces if it had been resin.
(& this means: if you aren't holding this one on its stand, do it)
gol is offline   Reply With Quote