Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #131
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

This is my most wanted 1/3 up to date. I liked the 1/4 but it happened when I first started collecting and I missed out on it.

I cannot wait to see Jerry's take on Sagat. Hope he is all beefed up matching more of the original alpha artwork. Really want him to be a towering monster of 1/3.

Curious to see what the different versions will be. Starting with Ryu and progressing with Chun they have become much more than color swaps.

Gotta have me a Alpha version for sure though and from the looks of the pose its hopefully something involving his scar.

Honestly cant think of a character that I would want more in 1/3 so Im beyond excited.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:31 PM   #132
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Jerry, any chance of you filming this from start to finish? Would love to see that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Agreed. Need a timelapse video like Kintaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Same, vids like that are really neat to watch.
As I've said before I would actually love and watch a full video of a piece being sculpted in real time.

I'd put in the hours.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #133
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As I've said before I would actually love and watch a full video of a piece being sculpted in real time.

I'd put in the hours.
So would I! Get some popcorn, sit back, relax and watch the master at work!
Old 05-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #134
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Or even a Timelipse like he did with Kintaro
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #135
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My most anticipated SF statues right here. Super excited!!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #136
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

I wonder if he'll cost as much as Goro
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #137
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
I wonder if he'll cost as much as Goro
Jerry recently said he doesn't expect it to be much different than Chunners.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #138
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostinside View Post
This is my most wanted 1/3 up to date. I liked the 1/4 but it happened when I first started collecting and I missed out on it.

I cannot wait to see Jerry's take on Sagat. Hope he is all beefed up matching more of the original alpha artwork. Really want him to be a towering monster of 1/3.

Curious to see what the different versions will be. Starting with Ryu and progressing with Chun they have become much more than color swaps.

Gotta have me a Alpha version for sure though and from the looks of the pose its hopefully something involving his scar.

Honestly cant think of a character that I would want more in 1/3 so Im beyond excited.
Sagat and Guile are the only two (depending on pose and sculpt) that are competing - in my mind. Their physiques are perfect for 1:3.

I love Akuma, and the sculpt is great, but the pose wasn't my first choice. And I like Ryu because he's the icon, but he's generic. I don't get very excited about him. Passing on Chun, just barely.

Sagat doesn't have any good alts, imo. I think palette swaps are as good as it gets. There's really nothing else a Thai fighter would wear. They could give him a mongkon, but that's not really much of a costume change. More of an accessory. I don't think it looks good combined with the eye patch anyway.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #139
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Sagat and Guile are the only two (depending on pose and sculpt) that are competing - in my mind. Their physiques are perfect for 1:3.

I love Akuma, and the sculpt is great, but the pose wasn't my first choice. And I like Ryu because he's the icon, but he's generic. I don't get very excited about him. Passing on Chun, just barely.

Sagat doesn't have any good alts, imo. I think palette swaps are as good as it gets. There's really nothing else a Thai fighter would wear. They could give him a mongkon, but that's not really much of a costume change. More of an accessory. I don't think it looks good combined with the eye patch anyway.
I actually agree on all parts. All the other characters I want to see made haven't even happened in 1/4 so the only 1/3 I really want is Sagat. Really glad he is coming as soon as he is. Would love to see Vega and Bison but don't know if I could spend the cash.

I'm curious though if we see Sagat as a secret release on V this year if we could end up with three versions. Classic, V, and Alpha. Otherwise I don't see a reason for three versions.

I'm going Alpha all the way as I started playing the beast back then so as long as he's made I'm good. If not regular is close enough. Haha.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #140
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I haven't put much faith in the upcoming SFV line-up pleasing me, as I'm not interested in these newer characters. I didn't know if that Sagat rumor had much merit. Great if true, but I'm not counting on it. He'd surely look different though, so that would be cool to see.

All I need is classic red/blue, but Jerry said they need variants to reach the proper quantity, so it'll be interesting to see what they decide on.