Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #2961
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbottaker View Post
I actually think it looks good how you have seted it up. The lightning n shadows make the portrait quite nice.
That sound like “The Strike” episode from Seinfeld.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #2962
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

anyone on the waitlist converted yet?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:53 PM   #2963
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Not yet.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #2964
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Double post

Last edited by solidgadium; 08-12-2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Double post
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #2965
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
That sound like “The Strike” episode from Seinfeld.
Haha!!! It sure does sound that way.

Great episode.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #2966
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Just got my Psylocke. I would have to say it looks better than I expected. Would I have preferred the first portrait shown, sure, but this one isn't the train wreck it's been made out to be. From now on, I'm ignoring any picture for any statue that is taken with a phone camera. My cheap 10 year old digital camera takes better pictures than the best smart phone. The head is not too small, too narrow, too slanty eyed, too light, too dark or too anything else. Maybe it's not everybody's ideal look for Psylocke, but I'm not a giant Psylocke fan to begin with. I'm happy to display this.....until a better custom portrait comes along.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #2967
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Yeah it's the phone cameras making it ugly lol
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:12 PM   #2968
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Just got my Psylocke. I would have to say it looks better than I expected. Would I have preferred the first portrait shown, sure, but this one isn't the train wreck it's been made out to be. From now on, I'm ignoring any picture for any statue that is taken with a phone camera. My cheap 10 year old digital camera takes better pictures than the best smart phone. The head is not too small, too narrow, too slanty eyed, too light, too dark or too anything else. Maybe it's not everybody's ideal look for Psylocke, but I'm not a giant Psylocke fan to begin with. I'm happy to display this.....until a better custom portrait comes along.
You will find that people that have seen this in person give it much higher praise than the internet basement armchair warriors who haven't.

Give it some time for public opinion to die away and then you can look at the portrait with your own opinions and eyes.

Congrats on the piece!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #2969
ukshaun
Hercules

I have to admit, this is the best image so far showing a factory made Psylocke PF. It looks better than the new Emma Frost PF. Something i hadn't spotted before, was how long the neck looks. The original prototype (on the right) sealed Psylocke's fate, as far as adding the piece to my collection. I'm sure there will be another Psylocke further down the road at some point
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #2970
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have to admit, this is the best image so far showing a factory made Psylocke PF. It looks better than the new Emma Frost PF. Something i hadn't spotted before, was how long the neck looks. The original prototype (on the right) sealed Psylocke's fate, as far as adding the piece to my collection. I'm sure there will be another Psylocke further down the road at some point
Heh, Negative. This is the ONLY Emma or PF portrait in SS history that psylocke's portrait looks better than.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote