Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I love how proffessional artists act like it's so hard to find time to draw. These are sketches for Christ sake. Take the sketch pad into the crapper twice a day and you should be able to knock out 1 every 2 days.....Give me a freaking break....

I always loved how certain artists were always late with their books but had time to play playstation...

I also always love how the artists some how always convinces themselves that commissions are not real work, and they have no responsibility to deliver it.

I said it before and I will say it again. A nobody came on here and solicited for work and robbed you guys blind and you fell for it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_craig View Post
Anyone working in comics knows, Editors don't dig artist doing commissions.
Well you can tell your editor to rest easy since you don't actually do commissions.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just in case anyone is wondering...I'm the "Kyle" that JC is referring to

Jason...if you're going to post our emails for the day then at least post all of them. What you posted doesn't even make sense as a conversation as you left 3 emails in the middle out.

I think I appointed myself the "board ambassador" on this issue when I was the first one to call you out in your thread. When I called you out, a few people thanked me as they had forgotten that they had even commissioned you since it had been ages since you made any contact with them. Yes, I have been pushing you hard (to the point where I know I'll receive nothing and I'm content with that), but I'm pushing you hard on others behalf hoping that one day they'll receive something

All of my emails to you are directly to the point...refund the cash or complete the artwork. Both options seem to be impossible to do in your case so I don't know whats left. All of your replies on the other hand are the same rambling nonsense you've been spouting since day 1 that I make an inquiry in January

I've said it numerous times...I'm sorry for the hand that life has dealt you BUT we all face problems and have to carry on.

Yes I emailed your publisher...big deal. I merely directed them to the thread as well as snippets of our conversation promising deadlines for the work. They likely don't care in the least (as you mentioned) but its all there for them to see if they choose.

I was done posting in the actual JC thread as it wasn't worth my time to mock you anymore. I sent one last email today in hopes of getting some answers for the few people who still have hope they'll receive something and we got into a little back and forth.

It doesn't matter to me that you posted our conversation (I'll post the actual whole conversation if people wish) as everything I said was to the point and more importantly, true.

Jason, did you honestly expect me to still be polite after 10 months of waiting with nothing to show. If you do recall, you stated to me that you had started my piece in early March after lying about starting it in early February...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
On a personal note -- this forum is an outstanding community and goes out of its way to support and offer financial assistance to people with medical issues or who have been robbed or who simply cant afford a certain collectible they desire. However, the community also does not tolerate those who take advantage of such kindness or who fail to communicate such hardships in a timely and necessary manner. In the future, should you have additional medical or family hardships, the thing to do is continue communication and explain (even in generalities) the delay and what should be expected
which is exactly why I said to JC in an email: "I've said tons that people are lenient to a point, but when you outright take advantage of their patience...people get pissed off."

This forum truly is a great place but if you screw around without justification it'll chew you up and spit you out

If anyone has any questions about my conversations feel free to ask. I'm perfectly fine with the emails I've sent to him as my frustration has been understandable (especially after his earlier excuses were rambling nonsense and straight up lies at times)

I now relinquish my "Jason Craig Board Ambassador" title. Good luck to anyone dealing with Jason. I truly hope you see something from him one day
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
TheORKINMan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

BTW I spend at least $50 a week on new comics on average. My LCS owner puts things in my pile that he thinks I would like. I am now contemplating shooting my LCS owner an email to please not Put anything else from Dynamite in my box including any future AoD, Invaders, or Green Hornet comics.
TheORKINMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #25
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

After reading this thread, it seems to me Jason Craig has a LOT of excuses NOT to do the right thing.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #26
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheORKINMan View Post
BTW I spend at least $50 a week on new comics on average. My LCS owner puts things in my pile that he thinks I would like. I am now contemplating shooting my LCS owner an email to please not Put anything else from Dynamite in my box including any future AoD, Invaders, or Green Hornet comics.
Don't blame Dynamite for the idiotic way that JC deals with commissions...not their fault

you have to realize that everything JC says has to be taken with a grain of salt. Yes the dude does likely have a ton of problems, but I've also caught him in repeated lies that he refuses to acknowledge. Once caught in the lie he is quick to change his story until something he says later on once again contemplates something he said previously.

say for example that JC says I email him 5-10 times per day...what it really means is that I emailed him 5 times today and the last time I emailed him was back on July 15th where I sent 1. Prior to that, June 21st where I sent 2. Prior to that, June 17th where I sent 1 in a response to him...

JC has definitely been dealt a bad hand but he shot himself in the foot when he wasn't upfront about things in the first place and spent the cash prior to actually completing the job.

so anyway...JC is the problem, not Dynamite.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #27
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Im surprised that with all the memory loss and life trauma, he still remembered he was an artist. I mean, he did technically die, like what, 3 times? Whew. Can't wait until the next volume hits the boards. I'm thinking JC won't be back. Just wanted to put someone on blast real quick then head back to his waterless shack on moms property. Man, that must suck.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #28
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Don't blame Dynamite for the idiotic way that JC deals with commissions...not their fault

you have to realize that everything JC says has to be taken with a grain of salt. Yes the dude does likely have a ton of problems, but I've also caught him in repeated lies that he refuses to acknowledge. Once caught in the lie he is quick to change his story until something he says later on once again contemplates something he said previously.

say for example that JC says I email him 5-10 times per day...what it really means is that I emailed him 5 times today and the last time I emailed him was back on July 15th where I sent 1. Prior to that, June 21st where I sent 2. Prior to that, June 17th where I sent 1 in a response to him...

JC has definitely been dealt a bad hand but he shot himself in the foot when he wasn't upfront about things in the first place and spent the cash prior to actually completing the job.

so anyway...JC is the problem, not Dynamite.
You don't need to defend yourself.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #29
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
You don't need to defend yourself.
He's canadian so he probably does
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
marvelboi77