Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
FROBAY
Phoenix

I really like it.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm not sure I'm keeping it. Not to keen on the likeness.
Really? I think he looks better than Kirk. I may have to track one of these down.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Really? I think he looks better than Kirk. I may have to track one of these down.
I wasnt to thrilled with kirk either but kirk i got fro ebay and couldnt return it just because i didnt like it. Spock however i got from hcg.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Thanks for the pics. I should have some to put up tomorrow.
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I wasnt to thrilled with kirk either but kirk i got fro ebay and couldnt return it just because i didnt like it. Spock however i got from hcg.
I see, well I do think he looks pretty good, but you're the one who spent the hard earned cash so...
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #16
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I really like the overall concept, but unfortunately the likenesses look off on these and it looks like it's going to be either Kirk-Spock and done, or maybe Kirk-Spock-McCoy and done just like every other line. I'd love to see a 1:6 scale light-up bridge dio using either sculpts or figures. I've seen a few hobbiest try it with mixed results. Even a 1:9 scale would be acceptable except that the likenesses suffer at that scale. Maybe in a few years with digital sculpting and improved production techniques something like this will be possible.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I really like the overall concept, but unfortunately the likenesses look off on these and it looks like it's going to be either Kirk-Spock and done, or maybe Kirk-Spock-McCoy and done just like every other line. I'd love to see a 1:6 scale light-up bridge dio using either sculpts or figures. I've seen a few hobbiest try it with mixed results. Even a 1:9 scale would be acceptable except that the likenesses suffer at that scale. Maybe in a few years with digital sculpting and improved production techniques something like this will be possible.
Contacted HCG and Spock is going back. I shouldn't have to "live" with a below average likeness. Someone will come up with something better I hope.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Contacted HCG and Spock is going back. I shouldn't have to "live" with a below average likeness. Someone will come up with something better I hope.
I think some of these companies need to learn that "close" is no longer acceptable for many buyers especially with more competition and better pieces out there. In the past few weeks I've returned Sideshow's Thor PF (likeness was off and just uninspiring), Gentle Giant's Thor bust (horrible), and am returning Bowen's Ms. Marvel. Shipping back is on my own dime and hassle of course, but I am done with settling for pieces with substandard quality and/or quality control.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I think some of these companies need to learn that "close" is no longer acceptable for many buyers especially with more competition and better pieces out there. In the past few weeks I've returned Sideshow's Thor PF (likeness was off and just uninspiring), Gentle Giant's Thor bust (horrible), and am returning Bowen's Ms. Marvel. Shipping back is on my own dime and hassle of course, but I am done with settling for pieces with substandard quality and/or quality control.
Ditto, although I will have to say the HCG Spock is a very nice piece (the way it's put together, the design, etc). It's just that the face doesn't look like Spock.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I think lighting has a lot to do with the likeness as well. Flash makes it look more off.

CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote