Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-25-2023, 10:43 AM   #11
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I'd go so far as to call the Rebuild ending the absolute worst ending I have ever seen.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 10:48 AM   #12
Westhelle
Hydra

The final movie was excellent. You guys are just jelly, because Ikari ditched Asuka for Mari.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 11:13 AM   #13
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Ah yes he randomly chose the girl he talked to twice over the course of fourteen years, the very same girl modeled after the director's wife. And his resolution to all this turmoil and mental issues everyone was going through was to reject all of it and embrace the director's hometown in Japan and just become the director, leaving everyone else behind aside from the director's wife's self insert. How odd...
Old 06-25-2023, 11:14 AM   #14
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

There's a reason this character always gets merch after the other girls. They need people to feel obligated to get her to complete some sort of set. I look forward to ten years from now when Mari is completely irrelevant and nonexistent in the fandom.
Old 06-25-2023, 11:58 AM   #15
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Evangelion is one of my favorite things on the planet. Unit 01 is my 'grail' piece. I hate that word and have never used it before, but I never thought I would get a large statue of it.

I didn't click on this thread to sh!t on it, but I see 'Evangelion' and will always be interested. Those who like it, great, but to me, Rebuild is awful. It has 0% of what made the series great. I wouldn't force yourself to watch it again. Your opinion is legitimate. Plenty of people don't like it.
Which Unit 01 are you talking about by the way? I assume it is the original release Prime 1 did? I really want to get all three from them eventually. Unit 02 is my personal favorite. I think my grail will end up being Infinity's 1/2 scale Asuka. I am really excited to see how she turns out. I wish they would also do a regular Eva 02, but they want for one of the beast mode variants from Rebuild.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:23 PM   #16
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 04:32 PM   #17
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Which Unit 01 are you talking about by the way? I assume it is the original release Prime 1 did? I really want to get all three from them eventually. Unit 02 is my personal favorite. I think my grail will end up being Infinity's 1/2 scale Asuka. I am really excited to see how she turns out. I wish they would also do a regular Eva 02, but they want for one of the beast mode variants from Rebuild.
Yup, original. Even though it's Rebuild, since the changes in design are minimal for Unit 01, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Oniri's Evas look fantastic too. Don't know what is taking so long for them to do Unit 01, but that should be from the series, so will probably pick that up as well.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 04:37 PM   #18
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I still think Infinity's 1/2 girls look better. These cockpits remind me of the Vertex Rei and Asuka from a decade ago.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 05:08 PM   #19
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I'd go so far as to call the Rebuild ending the absolute worst ending I have ever seen.
It's up there.

Rebuild is exactly akin to Matrix Resurrections, Star Wars ST, et al. In the "search for more money" (TM), any of the original creativity (and serendipitous inspiration) was lost, and the aforementioned products only serve an attempt to create something more marketable (frequently pandering), and the end results of each have devolved into gibberish.

Each is a cheap, hackneyed way to create more content that was never needed, and only served to dilute the original genius.

It's remarkable to me - fans 'in the know' are aware and took issue with some parts of the series being rushed, or lack of funds. Then there's Rebuild, which had all the time and money in the world, and ended up with a more hastily-told story, told poorly, with nothing but uninteresting, unmemorable set pieces.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 06:15 PM   #20
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I still think Infinity's 1/2 girls look better. These cockpits remind me of the Vertex Rei and Asuka from a decade ago.
I am so excited to see Infinity's Asuka. I will preorder her day one.

I hope one day Anima Asuka gets some official merch, but for some reason Anima has not been blessed with much at all. More fans need to read it. It's such a blast.