Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #181
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Eyes are easier to key in, than say, the whole body. For the price of the 1/4 TFs, the risk of peeling, bad application, it's too much for me.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #182
dao2
Cyclops

If you don't like how it looks fair game, but if you're worried they won't last you know already cause you have statues :| I'd probably be a little disappointed in the decals on the transformers pieces, or at least the larger ones. The smaller ones maybe I can understand but haven't seen it in person to really judge. For transformers I prefer XM's larger ones, I think they are the best rendition (I prefer the modernized g1 look).

My hate for eye decals are 1) ----ing use better eye decals. Seriously I the only reason I can come up with why they use the plain as ---- ones are because they want people to think it's painted because it's a fraction of a penny more to get good ones. 2) ----ing apply them right jesus christ :| We have so many statues that are cross eyed it's retarded.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #183
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

decals / stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As I also said, I have no problem with decals. Many of my favourite statues have decals to varying degrees. Though I’ve never had a statue where nearly every visible part of the statue is in fact a decal. But the problem here is in how ‘well’ they were applied on to the piece I received and how easy it was to damage it just by touching any area where the decal incorrectly overlapped with the underlining panel lines (empty space under the decal) or any of the excess decal around the windscreen.

And I’ve never understood the hate some have for eye decals. I actually prefer them. Heck there have been situations where people have loved the eyes until I told them they were in fact decals, and suddenly they do a 180.
the eyes or some small area that just wouldn't paint well makes sense. Also sorry, I was one of the ones that said stickers....always used decals/stickers interchangeably and shouldn't as there is a difference. And eyes definitely look better if they are not cross eyed like so many I see out there (Emma frost comes to mind as most noticeable). Cross eyed completely ruins a statue like that. The small optimus I am not sure of any part of him that is not a "decal". Sitting in my cabinet and afraid to pull him out to look closer from what I hear from others that have handled him and flaking. Wouldn't have expected that for a few more years.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #184
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
the eyes or some small area that just wouldn't paint well makes sense. Also sorry, I was one of the ones that said stickers....always used decals/stickers interchangeably and shouldn't as there is a difference. And eyes definitely look better if they are not cross eyed like so many I see out there (Emma frost comes to mind as most noticeable). Cross eyed completely ruins a statue like that. The small optimus I am not sure of any part of him that is not a "decal". Sitting in my cabinet and afraid to pull him out to look closer from what I hear from others that have handled him and flaking. Wouldn't have expected that for a few more years.
Actually I’m the only one who has really complained of any issues, such as tearing and flaking.

The flaking only occurred where there was excess decal around the windshields and the tearing only occurred where there was a gap under the decal because of misalignment of the decal and it’s associated panel line (see my previously attached photos).

There were also a few punctures (dot holes) where there were some underlining panel lines, but these are somewhat less annoying.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #185
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

By chance has anyone gotten any of the pcs statues wet/damp? Just wondered if the colors would run on the decals like ink.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:09 AM   #186
dao2
Cyclops

Generally they shouldn't if they are sealed but even if they aren't and the color doesn't run they might be water slide decals and in general wouldn't recommend getting water on it decals or no...
Old 01-15-2020, 02:14 PM   #187
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

I got my OP, I love the statue
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:13 PM   #188
extracomputer.1

I actually have the statue as well. Just wondered if anyone had cleaned or accidentally got one wet. Curious as to how the colors handle it. Been thinking about 1 or more of the larger ones but since these are all decals you can't really fix them very easily so wondered how well the decals held up to fluids. Expensive items for being decal based so if there are longevity issues I don't want them then. I do like the looks of some of them though.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:42 PM   #189
dao2
Cyclops

Depends how they were done... If it's just applied ontop of the paint I'd worry about the longevity. If they were sealed after they were applied then it'll last as long as the paint will.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #190
Timothy
The Spirit

Are decals only on the classic scale or are they also on the museum scale?
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote