Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #21
Khufu
Mephisto

They are also now up on Sideshow for pre-order as well.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #22
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Anyone know where IS ships from? The full set is about $40 cheaper directly from them, but that could easily be offset by international shipping.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #23
ereyi
Fantastic Four

I am interested in this diorama but I have never ordered from Iron Studios.
Does anyone have first hand knowledge about the quality of the statues? I saw that there have been a few changes from the prototypes show at comic-con and the statues now up for pre-order: the most obvious being Uni had her eyes open in the prototype version but now the pre-order version shows the eyes closed and the water in the well next to the Diana statue was blue, now it appears to be a murky brown.
I also noticed that a couple of characters (Bobby and Dungeon Master) seem to be looking in a completely different direction from the rest of the characters. Anyone know if there will be companion pieces like the Tiamat Dragon or Venger?
Has anyone ordered from this company? Do they have coupon codes or discounts for pre-ordering the entire set?
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #24
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Tiamat who knows, Venger is in the works
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #25
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Anyone know where IS ships from? The full set is about $40 cheaper directly from them, but that could easily be offset by international shipping.
I was thinking the same thing. I think that they do ship from the US but I did a quick check with available statues at both sideshow and Iron Studios and there seems to be a noticable difference in shipping rates and tax:

For the Carnage 1/10 BDS :
Sideshow shows the totals as follows for me in CA:
Subtotal $114.99
Tax $8.34
Shipping $12.91
Item Total $136.24

Iron Studios shows the totals as follows:
Subtotal $109.00
Taxes $10.35
Shipping $21.00 (Cheapest available - 3-8Days)
Total $140.35

So even though Iron Studios gives an initial discount, after higher shipping fees and more tax, sideshow seems to be the cheaper option, at least on this particular carnage statue.
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #26
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
I ordered directly from IS US site for the first time last week. The shipment started in California.

The shipping rates are terrible. Use SS or Big Bad toystore. The only reason I went to the website was because the statue I wanted was half of what BBTS is selling it for.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #27
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereyi View Post
I am interested in this diorama but I have never ordered from Iron Studios.
Does anyone have first hand knowledge about the quality of the statues? I saw that there have been a few changes from the prototypes show at comic-con and the statues now up for pre-order: the most obvious being Uni had her eyes open in the prototype version but now the pre-order version shows the eyes closed and the water in the well next to the Diana statue was blue, now it appears to be a murky brown.
I also noticed that a couple of characters (Bobby and Dungeon Master) seem to be looking in a completely different direction from the rest of the characters. Anyone know if there will be companion pieces like the Tiamat Dragon or Venger?
Has anyone ordered from this company? Do they have coupon codes or discounts for pre-ordering the entire set?
From what Renan (IS's owner) said before, there already is a concept for a Venger statue and it's currently pending approval by the licensor. How sales go might influence the line, but looks like they are going pretty well. For Tiamat there is no information so far.
Jesse Custer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:35 AM   #28
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Venger on Horse should be at Comic Con. They showed scene from the show of him on horse for Comic Con.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #29
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Venger on Horse should be at Comic Con. They showed scene from the show of him on horse for Comic Con.
That's great, I picked up this entire set so far!
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #30
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

As Jeese Custer already had stated he was in the works , so had figured he would show at some Con