Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #21
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz1999 View Post
Winning
Yeah, I’m not trying to keep it air tight. Lol.

Just as long as they have something sturdy to sit on. :#
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #22
SONICobra
Batman

You guys see the trike on instagram? Lolz they arent f_cking around
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 AM   #23
Ezhil
Mephisto

Cool

Need goat, spino bones, and the gate way with alarm lights as the exclusive or added in base for rexy
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #24
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Holy ----.

Incoming the moron self-proclaimed experts demanding brown latte colored paint.
I'm no expert but the message(courtesy of Behind the Gates FB group) below is from Michael Trcic, if you know who he is, it should shed some light on what's what.

Last year i was able to contact the lead artist Michael Trcic and ask him about the color scheme of the Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus (The design for first movie only, not any of the rexes from the sequels) for a personal project of mine, Trcic seems to be very occupied and only answered one of my e-mails, now that i finished my project i can share the e-mail that he sent me, it is a bit of information that I used as guide on my research, but as many people nowadays still think that the original rex was flat black or even dark green this becomes an important piece of information on the design of that character in particular as it was in a certain period of time.

-Felipe

‘For an accurate JP T.rex paint palette think "Bruised Banana”.
At the time we were working on the dinos for the first JP many of us wanted to go with some daring color schemes. Being that the T.rex was the first one we began developing, Stan wanted to keep the colors fairly conservative, he didn't want to push the envelope & possibly scare off Spielberg, (although every time Spielberg came to visit he asked us questions about current scientific thought regarding the dinosaurs). As a consequence, John Rosengrant came up with a paint scheme composed almost entirely of tans, browns, yellows and black.........my first impression of the painted T.rex was of a bruised banana.
Stan got a little more daring with the subsequent dinos…’.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:56 PM   #25
Ezhil
Mephisto

Iron studios rex is more or less near but still can improve the colour scheme of the trex especially at the breakout rain moment. In the morning scenes it looks brown.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #26
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It's pretty hard to tell because CC's rex was so detailed at just 1/20, but judging by the details here, knowing we have a 1/20 CC and a 1/10 in the works by Iron, and a 1/5 by CC, I would say this is anywhere from 1/6 to 1/9. 1/6 is pretty large but I wouldn't put it past them. It's quite smaller than 1/5 but not too smaller. It'll be a 3k statue purchase but I suppose Prime could have gone bat ---- crazy and went for the gold with a 1/4 or larger for the collector with a warehouse to display their collection..... I can't believe they went smaller than 1/10+ scales, though. That head has ALOT of detail going for it, and it's kind of blurry.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #27
Ezhil
Mephisto

I need a lesser size trex than 1/10 at max 1/10 similar to iron studios.it will have a wider reach for customers and if 1/6 then it will be less customers
Old 06-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #28
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well they certainly don't hold beef with doing the same scales so it may as well be a possibility it's 1/5, 1/10, or 1/20. 1/10 is large enough to carry the details I'm seeing in the teaser image.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:51 AM   #29
Ezhil
Mephisto

Many of terminator fans avoided 1/2 scale for the upcoming 1/3 scale from prime 1.space and cost accounts for the purchase. If prime 1 is to do 1/6 then they should replicate it 1/10or less in wider scale imho
Old 06-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #30
Ezhil
Mephisto

Prime 1 make it my last trex purchase!!