Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

How would you summarize your feelings in the pieces in this line?

Harley & Joker - I like them a lot but I don't buy many villains statues.

Supergirl - She is beautiful but that costume is from an era long before my comic interests began, so I didn't pick this one up.

Wonder Woman - She is stunning, but that neck slit absolutely ruined it for me. Couldn't do it. But I love the statue otherwise so this one really hurts. Still VERY torn.

Superman - I think this is arguably the best Superman on the market right now, for reasons I went over in the Superman thread. It emphasizes his hope and his character over his muscles and his powers, which most Superman statues seem to prioritize these days. Have him on pre-order, wil be my first in the line!

Martian Manhunter - This is probably the best statue of John I've ever seen. But I'm not sure if John is an important enough character for me to get it, he's definitely secondary. Still, I was right in the thick of the comic book world during Morrison's JLA run, so I'll always have a soft spot for John. I am definitely intrested in this one.

Batman - A perfectly competent and well executed classic Batman. It feels fairly vanilla for me but I do appreciate seeing the yellow-backed Bat logo again! I'm all about the 80s/90s Batman and pre-Morrison/Damian Batman. But there are so many great Batman statues available it's hard for any one to stand out.

Donna Troy - She is very beautiful, but to me, Donna Troy wears black! She is also a fairly tertiary character for me, but I may grab her down the road since there aren't really any other options for her. I find it hilarious that I've seen enough of these things that I can almost always tell a Jack Matthews sculpt. I have a lot of his cover girls and they are all very beautiful and sexy too. Go Jack!

Batgirl - This Batgirl has the most beautiful portrait I've seen in a long time. The whole thing is sexy from top to bottom, and I have it on pre-order! Jack sneaking in again...

Green Lantern - I have only one word for this statue - Hallelujah. A Green Lantern who doesn't have constructs that look like they're made out of green licorice. Thank you Tweeterhead for doing a proper Green Lantern, he's one of my top favorite characters and I have this one on pre-order too!

Cheetah - I kind of put this one in the Harley Quinn and at Donna Troy pocket. She's a villain which I don't do many of, and she's a tertiary character for me. But I may still grab it because I do love the Wonder Woman mythology quite a lot. Plus... Jack?

Shazam - This one falls into The Martian Manhunter pocket. On the whole it is very well done but I'm not sure he's important enough to me. And I have to be honest, I may like the upcoming XM a bit more, though that one has a fairly extreme pose and I usually prefer more museum poses which the Tweeterhead does nicely. Either way I can't have a Shazam without a Black Adam...

Black Adam - Perhaps above I should have said "I can't have a Black Adam without a Shazam?" Black Adam is definitely my priority of the two, interestingly. When it comes to villains, I'll always have a Black Adam and Sinestro on my shelf, my two favorite villains. In fact I'd almost say I can't have a Black Adam without a Sinestro... Geoff Johns made them awesome buddies! Tweeterhead's Black Adam is looking mighty sharp... can we get on that yellow Sinestro? I'll definitely pre-order this or XM's... same strengths and differences as the Shazams. But with the XM Black Adam I can get a great Sinestro AND Shazam… decisions decisions...

So, what are your thoughts so far?
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

My thoughts are I don’t put near this much thought into it. I have both Batman statues (black on the way), Wonder Woman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Supergirl. They all look great.

I also have the entire Batman 66 line, the black & white Munsters, Elvira, and Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman. Tweeterhead is probably my favorite statue company right now.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m a fanboy (not sorry) and if I had enough money I would buy all of them.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is awesome... I dig how much thought and consideration you put into all the pieces, plus taking the time to type it all up.

I have a little time, so I'll play:

Harley & Joker (w/ Bud & Lou) - Although I love these characters and the way TH pulled them off, they didn't ring that "must have" bell for me.

Supergirl - Similar opinions. Very well done, but not my preferred version of the character.

Wonder Woman - Similar thoughts here, too.

Superman - A very good classic take on the character, but I'm not much of a Supes guy.

Martian Manhunter - Such a great done piece, but although I respect the character I'm not a fan enough to buy.

Batman & Robin - Another wonderfully done classic take, but not my version of the Dynamic Duo.

Donna Troy - One of the best done pieces ever, but like you, my Donna wears black. This one's a struggle as I really love the character and I really love this piece. Like you, I will probably end up getting her down the road.

Batgirl - Another piece with a character I dig and a piece that came out stunning... but she somehow doesn't ring that "must have" bell for me.

Green Lantern - A really well done piece I respect and dig the joy he's bringing to classic Hal fans. But my GLs are mainly John and Kyle (I'd also add Jessica).

Cheetah - Another piece with a character I dig and a piece that came out really good... but she somehow doesn't ring that "must have" bell for me.

Shazam - Like you, he falls into The Martian Manhunter pocket. The piece came out great, but not for me.

Black Adam - Although I know of the character, I don't really know him. Glad to see him released for fans of this character, but not for me.

Starfire - I don't know how she slipped your list as she's the crown jewel of the line. I'm a big fan of the character and this piece gets her right in every way. Absolute perfection and a personal Must Own.

Catwoman - Also didn't make your list, but deserves to be added. Similar to Supergirl, this is really well done, but not my preferred style of the character.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
cjacobs83
Justice League

Harley & Joker - Own both and feel these were done to perfection. I do worry about Harley leaning at some point.

Supergirl - Character doesn't interest me at all so won't comment.

Wonder Woman - Great overall statue but the neck seams prevents me from buying.

Superman - Own and absolutely love. Best Superman statue to date.

Martian Manhunter - Own and love. Another knock out of the park.

Batman - Own and absolutely love. Best classic batman statue to date.

Robin - Must own as a sidekick to Batman. Really well done.

Donna Troy - No interest in this character so i won't comment

Batgirl - She is stunning. Can't wait to see in hand pics

Green Lantern - 10/10. Love the sculpt and clear base.

Cheetah - No interest in this character so i won't comment

Shazam - Honestly, i'm not feeling the head sculpt. I do think it's a nice statue though.

Catwoman - Missed the mark. The arm seems bother me. Beautiful portrait though.

Starfire - Another character i have no interest in.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

As of now I only have Supergirl, Batman, Martian Manhunter and Donna Troy

Supergirl I bought because Entertainment Earth had it marked down to $106. However once I got it I loved the piece. This is the Supergirl that I grew up with when I first started reading comics. Even with the smile some did not like this statue was great.

Thus Batman , to me, is Jim Apari, Marshall Rogers, Irv Novick and Neal Adams combined. It could not have been better

I got Martian Manhunter because it got such Fantastic feedback. I found a good deal on EBay and was blown away by this statue.

I also got Donna Troy because of the great feedback. This is truly a beautiful statue. I can understand people saying that their Donna wears black but this was the costume she wore when I started in comics (right down to the high heals).

I have Catwoman, Green Lantern and Batgirl on order through Tweeterhead and Shazam on order through my LCBS. The other characters that have been done I either do not want (not into statues of villians) or when I look at some statues I think “those would look nice and would have no problem reselling them” which I feel I feel is not a good way to think before buying a statue.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #7
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Firstly, any collection of teams/sub-teams/one offs/or a complete set that people get will look great. Overall this line is really good.

When they first announced this line and made it sound like the OG 7 JL would be coming right away and then many other expanded JL members would be coming out soon-ish, I thought I would make a great Justice League display of about 16 figures. Also, I did decide to preorder Robin and Batgirl because of the EX base we were supposed to get that fit all 3 of them. I also have been really tempted to get Catwoman, Cheetah and Starfire because of how good the initial pics were.

However, I've been pulling back and most likely changing those plans after all the TH problems this year. I might be backing out all together, or just getting the OG 7, or maybe even stick to the 14-16 I originally was hoping for if they turn things around. Regardless, I still think their Martian Manhunter, Batman, Green Lantern are/will be stunning and their Superman & Wonder Woman are really good. Hopefully their Flash and Aquaman are as good as MM/Batman/GL.

Harley/Bud & Lou/Joker - Look great as a set, but don't feel like they totally fit in with the SP line aesthetically. Some Harley's have leaning issues and Joker is a bit on the creepy side for me. Didn't get them.

Supergirl - Not interested in this character and the smile is a bit exaggerated for me. Didn't get her.

Wonder Woman - Would be perfect without the neck seam. Own it.

Superman - The redone version seems to have turned out great. Waiting for my replacement. Own it.

Martian Manhunter - Perfect in every way. Own it.

Batman - Perfect in every way. Own it.

Robin - Looks good so far. Have him on preorder, but since we are no longer getting an exclusive base for Batman/Robin/Batgirl, I'll probably get rid of him. Currently preordered.

Donna Troy - Looks great, but not interested. Didn't get her.

Batgirl - Looks great so far. Have her on preorder, but since we are no longer getting an exclusive base for Batman/Robin/Batgirl, I'll probably get rid of her. Currently preordered.

Green Lantern - Absolutely perfect. Preordered

Cheetah - Would be perfect except for the neck seam, so not buying. Not getting her.

Shazam - Looks great and if I do end up putting together an expanded JL, I'll pick him up. Currently not getting.

Catwoman - Arm seams not very well done. Probably wouldn't get any way since I'm really doing villains but would have made an exception for her. Not getting.

Starfire - Looks amazing, but not part of the collection I may be going for. Not getting.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #8
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Hey you're right, I did miss a few key characters didn't I!

Starfire - I have to be honest this one looks quite beautiful. If I was going to ever get a statue of starfire it would be this one. Still may sneak in a pre order!

Catwoman- While a beautiful statue it really doesn't say Catwoman to me. The costume 'my' Catwoman wears is a purple bodysuit, but I realize that is not a particularly fondly remembered era for the character, mid/late 90s Balent style. I have the iron studios purple suit Catwoman and I think it's the best version of that suit to date, even over the side show which is super sexy but not very *pretty.*

Robin - I just can't have a Robin wearing a bikini brief on my shelf. Just can't do it

I do love that people respect the classic Adams/Aparo/Rogers Batman look of the TH Batman. Those guys were generally a bit before I started reading comics but they still arguably draw the best Batman, even by today's standards they're the best. I'd add Breyfogle but good call on the classic look!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

If your looking for vintage 1:6 DC statues then this is a pretty good line to get into
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:10 AM   #10
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I think most of the line is awesome. But I'm going for a cosmic/alien theme. I bought MMH, GL, Starfire, and Shazam. I think Catwoman and Batgirl are gorgeous, but I don't want statues taking over my house. Tempted to include Batman related statues.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote