Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #391
Spazzy
Hercules

I love the GG BD, and am really liking this one so far, I will be happy with both
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #392
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

CONGRATS !! Spazzy on getting GG BD "she's hot !"
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #393
iceprince_x
Deadman

Will this PF have panties sculpted or with clothe?

Variant may be wearing no undies at all
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #394
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Will this PF have panties sculpted or with clothe?

Variant may be wearing no undies at all
Thats the Perv variant.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #395
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Agreed Yuca

The GG version looks nice for the $250 retail price but there is no way the regular or the variant is worth between $550 and $800 which is the going price right now.

The only reason for these crazy prices is the low ES of the regular and the difficulty in securing the variant at retail price. It has nothing to do with the piece itself. Look at Amber. She is much more detailed then BD but because of the high ES she can be acquired for less then retail. The same will happen with Sweet Pea in all likelihood. Both pieces are much more detailed then BD.

If the ES of the GG BD was 1300 she would be going for less then retail right now.
I agree with you 100%. Amber is much more detailed. The low ES on babydoll is everything.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #396
Spazzy
Hercules

I don't agree, I have had hundreds of statues over the years, and I was pretty impressed with Babydoll, Amber is great too, but if I didn't secure my reg version I would have paid within that price range for one knowing what I do now.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #397
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I don't agree, I have had hundreds of statues over the years, and I was pretty impressed with Babydoll, Amber is great too, but if I didn't secure my reg version I would have paid within that price range for one knowing what I do now.
If Gentle Giant first announced Babydoll with a $800.00 price tag you would have bought one?
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #398
Spazzy
Hercules

That's not the point, no one can guess how the market is going to treat a collectible, it could be a hit or it could be a flop, I am sure alot of people assumed it would be a flop and there would be plenty on the secondary market because alot did not like the movie...so why would the collectibles be so hot? SO they snooze they lose, many people complaining not getting one ordered long after it was up for pre order, you were pretty much guaranteed getting one going through GG. Back to my last post of if I knew now what I did then and was not able to acquire one I would have paid at minumum $500, I think it is that good, I have paid more for less of a product. There is a reason she is so expensive it is an awesome statue, and most of the negative comments towards her is usually from people that do not have one or have not seen one in person.

Oh and I got her (reg ver) for $125+ shipping
Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #399
Y3E
Gen 13

Spazzy, I hate you How the heck did you get BD reg for $125?

And I agree that GG BD is a great piece and you have to see it in person to really appreciate it. I have both Amber and BD and despite the incredible amount of detail on Amber, BD is still the better one.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #400
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Looks good, but i can say i am happy with GGs BD. Pose on it is just walking up ready to whoop some arsh. Plus not a super fan of PFs unless it comes outstanding.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote