Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-02-2021, 11:43 AM   #1401
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I actually prefer it without that swirl piece.
Agreed, I'm surprised that it does look better without it.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:03 AM   #1402
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why are people shocked at the 3700? She was selling for that early on in the secondary market too. I feel for the people who weren't collecting then, but there are a lot of people who didn't see the beauty of this piece when it went up for PO and now are kicking themselves. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with this stunner in my collection thinking "fools".

I just HOPE that XM sticks to their word of not repainting statues and calling it a variant. I'm perfectly happy if they want to revisit Storm - give me a modern black suit or modern mohawk please. I need those in my collection. Use the same sculptor too because Storm is one of the best - if not the best - XM female statue.

I'm going to see what I think about the "no swirl" section. That damn seam is the only flaw in this stunner.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:02 PM   #1403
Peedi
The Secret Six

Time travel. Refresher puts it in perspective.

4/4/18 Pre Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
XM Studios News

"The Goddess of weather, Ororo aka Storm from the X-Men will be up for PO tonight on our website!”

As with our new PO system, Storm will be open for 2 weeks for online orders and final ES determined after we consolidate orders from
distributors, keeping this piece made-to-order, based on demand so don't miss out on this beautiful piece!

4/8/18 skin issue resolved during the MTO period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Whew. That in-house pic helps. She is still darker than I would prefe, but it’s so much better than the stock photos.

Back on the ordering train
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
This looks excellent. I don’t want a light skinned, Halle Berry colored Storm. She’s properly brown skinned here. Just a bit darker than Sideshow’s PF, and that PF is the lightest I’d ever want her.
4/17/18 right before MTO cut off

Quote:
I'm very curious to see how many of these XM makes. Under the new MTO option, do they announce a final edition size when the close the ordering period?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Nope. Catwoman and Ivy have been closed for almost two months and there's still no ES on the website.

In fact, Spider-Gwen is still listed as MTO even though people in-hand have confirmed her ES is 500.
Quote:
I'm guessing she'll land in the 500-750 range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
I have a question...how important do you all think pre-ordering this statue is in order to get one? Obviously, I understand that pre-ordering guarantees you get one.

But, on the other hand, do you think I can wait to see in-hand pics and video before I make my order (so, closer to the statue's release)? Curious about this because of the MTO process now. The last XM statue I got was the Black Panther, and I never pre-ordered it. I waited until a YouTube unboxing before contacting someone to acquire one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I'm pretty sure you will be able to get one even if you don't PO. There will inevitably be people who cancel their POs near shipping time.
Quote:
If SpecFiction is any indication, you should be able to pick up this piece after it's made. I do believe that is where Nothern got some of his statues from after they released.

There will be avenues, no doubt. Just depends on what way you want to go. But I will say that if you're worried about the QC matching the statue, I wouldn't let that stop you from PO. If you're concerned about what the colors look like in a normal setting, then yes - wait.
7/11/18 ES announced and shock

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
whoa that's gonna be a rare one to find then! Now we can all see why nobody does storm... she can't even sell out when there's a good design for her.
Quote:
Pretty much this. Did you see the ES for Scorpion? That one is only 300! That's a crazy low ES for such an amazing piece.
Quote:
Moon Knight is 270. Unfortunately, I think this confirms why Sideshow doesn't do these lesser known characters.
Quote:
Yeah kind of sad but it is what it is. Glad I got a PO for Scorpion and I'm now thinking about trying to get a PO for Storm if I still can. Don't have a Storm in my collection but didn't originally PO since I had so much other stuff on my plate already. From a business perspective, why do something with a low ES of maybe a few hundred and you're still not sure if it will sell out when you can do something with a high ES of several thousand and you know it will probably sell out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
That's actually quite sad! I know I didn't pick it up because to me, the black costume is THE iconic Storm costume, not crazy about the white.

But even then, I would have thought this to hit the 999 mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I honestly believe its not the character nor the sculpt that made these guys "undesirable". Its the price ...and I'm talking the retail price + shipping + handling fee ...that stopped most collectors from getting these.

XM Studios makes some awesome statues ...and these characters are sought after even though they're B-list characters. But its the total cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Was Storm one of the statues that had a pre-order window and when the time ran out whatever pre-orders they got in determined the ES? If so that's great for collectors as the low ES will pretty much guarantee you won't lose money if you decide to sell down the road.

Could you imagine if SS did that, they're edition sizes based on pre-orders only, they would probably have really low edition sizes also, but SS is willing to store statues in their warehouses for years in order to sell higher edition sizes.. It seems XM doesn't want to deal with inventory issues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
This is really just cost. I totally want this Storm (still might get it). I mean I'm all in but the question is is it really $400 to $500 better than a sideshow product? IMHO no. This Storm for me hangs around 1K shipped for a 1/4th. which is crazy for the average collector. Heck all i hear on this forum that $500 PF's are insane. Also this might be a small thing but my Sideshow orders I get points. Sure it's usually only 5% but hey it's something I can put towards future purchases. Out of market XM have lots of strikes against them. Not to mention it's not like the value of your statue is going to do anything but remain flat or more likely drop by 20%. Thats fine with me cause I love the character but thats is a ton of money for a statue.
Quote:
Yes, she was part of the first wave of MTO, as was Poison Ivy, Moon Knight, etc. Catwoman was also listed as MTO, but she's a bit different because she was shown (and presumably had orders taken) for almost 2 years before her two-week window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
This did not deserve only a 420 ES, dam shame
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
The released pieces that had MTO pre-orders haven't skyrocketed in price. I don't really expect this one to be any different, regardless if it's an A-list character.
8/1/18 surprise & regret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
I regret not pre-ordering this now. Had my eye on too many statues at the time. Orders are closed on XMs site, does anybody know where I can order this in Europe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
I just bought XM Dark Phoenix and SS Wolverine yesterday but I feel I should have used the Wolverine money on Storm. It’s not like the 2500 Wolverines and 4000 standard Wolverines are going anywhere. -.-

$2k in one day means my budget is shot for a while. I hope she is still available later - I had no idea how rare she will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
No one had any idea until they made the ES announcement a few weeks ago, which was months after the pre-ordering was closed back in April. The low ES was a shock to a lot of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Hey Loric, so everything that XM is doing is MTO moving forward? Even their global licenses? My apologies if this has been answered as I’ve been out of the loop. Hell, I didn’t even know that Storm only had an ES of 420. That’s crazy and a damn shame.
9/19/18 pretty much a done deal

Quote:
While browsing yesterday, I noticed Storm is already sold out at Spec Fiction (as is Dark Phoenix, Poison Ivy and a few others).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The MTO at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Saw Storm posted on Facebook! Wish I ordered one but she ain’t a priority character for me. This piece puts Storm’s beauty to the goddess level that she is! The laughing face is done exquisitely!!!
12/17/18 early batch arrivals

Quote:
Woot, Storm will be here by Monday!!!
Mine came Jan 2019.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:35 AM   #1404
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Saw this on Facebook...wow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210730-083614_Facebook.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	141701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210730-083430_Facebook.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	502.4 KB
ID:	141702  
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote