Zot

Yes started this almost a year ago. I have had couple TF statues get the tax
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:42 AM   #12
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I’ll just stop buying statues now thanks. Maybe I’ll just live off eBay deals In the secondary market which aren’t taxed currently
Ebay does collect taxes in certain states, I sold a statue to a guy who lives in Washington state and Ebay automatically taxed him..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:48 AM   #13
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I’ll just stop buying statues now thanks. Maybe I’ll just live off eBay deals In the secondary market which aren’t taxed currently
Wait for it, if it hasn't already. ALL internet sales transactions will be tax no if or buts about it. Unless its a church/or government agency of some sort.

Certain things you cannot get away from, and that's taxes, old age and death.

Oh, the Horror
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #14
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yes because the State and Federal government manage the funds we are forced to hand over to them already so effectively they should just take the rest as well! ----ing scum the lot of them!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #15
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

old news. been paying tax for a while now.

my take is we used to have to buy these things in stores. We had to pay tax unless we knew the owner and paid cash. For me, everything I buy online is a MAJOR CONVENIENCE because I hate sitting in traffic, fighting people for parking spots, getting to the shop and realizing the item is sold out. Hell, i get my groceries delivered for a $10 fee, saves me approximately 1.5-2 hours every week.

for years, we've been paying no tax, free shipping and using a coupon. now we have to pay tax people want out of the hobby. I guess I can't fault them for wanting the best deal, but this is still MUCH better than buying locally and having to feed the meter, find parking, avoid a car accident...ect.

I HATE BUYING LOCALLY, I will only do it if it's the only way I can get something. This is a reason ma & pa shops are getting phased out, shopping from your phone on your couch and having it delivered to your home without having to get up is much better on so many levels. I will gladly pay BBTS's tax. I look at the hundreds of pieces I have on display, i bought a decent chunk of them locally, if i had to drive and pick up ALL of those pieces from a local shop I would've wasted a LOT of time acquiring those pieces, don't waste time, buy from BBTS and other online outlets and pay the tax.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #16
craigcliff1
Zot

I can't get much for my statues now, then shipping is so much, then crooks, now taxes. Would have been awesome if the statues I want would have been made years ago and I didn't have statues to sell.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #17
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Where did Chunk’s comment go?!

I thought the troll-job was quite amusing to be honest.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #18
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes I noticed that also. I do agree that our country is going to get taxed on anything if they can get away with doing that
Old 03-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #19
built2shred
Phoenix

Only way to get around the tax thing is to sell your stuff in the sale sections of this forum or freaks forum..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #20
Marcel54
Hellboy

People, stop complaining That you didn't have to pay tax for so many years is just a bonus. Over here in Europe we pay value added tax on everything. In my country from 9% on food to 21% on all other products. And don't get me started on shipping cost and customs
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote